Tutoring Rates-elementary?

Hi, what is the current going rate for an elementary math tutor, one-on-one? The tutor I have been referred to is a long-time 3rd grade teacher. I'd like to have an idea of what to expect when we discuss price. I'm guessing $40-$50 per hour, but I'm not sure. Thanks fellow moms!

Thanks, Mamas! I just spoke to the tutor and she charges $45 per hour. Thanks for helping me to know what to expect.

I tutored all last year and that was the going rate. I charged $40, because they wanted him to come three time a week. I am a retired teacher, and in my career taught first through eighth.

yes 40- 50 is what my friends all charge...I personally think 40 is plenty but that is just me

when I use to tutor I was always under the going rate...I only charged 25-30...which I feel is sufficient

I'm not sure about elementary. High school math can go $50 up to $95. It seems to depend on whether or not the tutor drives to you. I also find that it varies on where you live (Dallas is higher than the suburbs).

I tutor and charge $40/hr.

I have used 3 different math tutors through the years and have paid $40-$45/hour.

I've always charged $60/hour, but you may be able to find someone w/less experience who will charge less/hour.

call sylvan learning center and see what their prices are for a comparative rate.

I would say $40-50/hour for elementary math tutoring is excessive unless you are in a very high priced area (like NYC), student has a learning disability, or the student is located out of area.
At Plus Plus Tutoring ( http://www.plusplustutoring.com ), our charges start at $27/hour. We currently do not serve Texas so we do not know about the area.

I charge $25 hour once a week or ($40 twice a week) in my home. You get the best results meeting with students twice a week . Also, I find that parents are more committed and consistent at this rate.

I charge $35/hour if I travel to your home. I only do tutoring at the student's home on the weekends.

I currently tutor 8 elementary students and a high school student.

I have a Master's Degree from SMU in elementary education and I previously taught in public school.

I live in the Beltline/Jupiter area in Richardson/ N.Garland area.

1 / 3