TRYING To Quit Drinking soda...what Do You Drink Instead?

Hiya Mama's
I am trying to give up soda. I drink diet soda as my "drink of choice" It is my fave way to get caffiene since I CANNOT stand coffee in any way, shape or form!! I just started last week after hearing how horrible soda is for you. Yes I'd heard it before, and It just didn't register (or I didn't want to hear it) I'd never heard some of the information they gave before though. I had no idea that drinking soda...even diet made you GAIN weight and stomach fat. Talk about completely defeating the purpose!!!! I was playing w the idea of quitting anyway, since I kept drinking more and more...at least 3 a day.
Sooooooo my question is, what is your favorite drink? I love green tea and iced tea. I often drink crystal light...but I'm kinda sick of all those...I hate drinking plain water...LOL I'm getting more into hot teas...but I don't see wanting to drink much of those when it turns HOT! So your ideas, suggestions and favorites to try would be great.

Thanks mamas!

WOW!!! I am floored by the response. Lots of great ideas ladies about things to try. I realize Crystal Light still has the sweetener in it, I don't plan on drinking it often, but will upon occasion. I plan on going and getting some lemons and some of the other suggestions tonight to try!!! Thanks VERY much for the many ideas, support and success stories!! i haven't had a soda in DAYS!!!!!!! It's a good start! Here's to better health ladies!!!!

I drank diet coke like it was water until early last month. Another mom on her was trying to quit smoking and I told her I'd quit soda with her. They are both bad for you, so why not? I haven't had one sip since that morning.

I drink so much water in a day it's ridiculous. Every now and then I will have a latte, but mostly water. Sometimes I'll drink hot tea too. I don't like sweetened drinks, so I stick to just water. Sometimes I'll have some juice too.

I have become as equally addicted to ice water as I was to diet coke. I love the way I feel and my skin looks a lot better too.

You can do this!!

I drink seltzer water. We call it bubble water. That's what my kids thought "soda" was. It has no calories, no sugar and I like it plain or with some lemon or lime wedges in it.

I stopped regularly drinking soda a few months ago. I do allow myself the occasional indulgence of soda. I honestly drink mostly water now. When I get bored of water I throw in tea either iced or hot. I put fruit pieces into water when I'm tired of plain water as well. I thought it would be harder than it is and truthfully it's actually been easier to just sit there with a bottle of water drinking on that throughout the day and I don't feel bad about inhaling all the soda I used to.

You can do this!!

Flavored sparkling water or sparkling water with a little bit of juice.

Water w/ lemon wedges from our tree. I rarely drink anything else, unless I'm having a cocktail. Why waste the calories? ;) Oh, I've also read that water and lemon speeds up the metabolism ... not sure if that's true.

I love smartwater. I know, it sounds like a gimmick. But I can tell a difference in the way it tastes. I also like the orange Vitamin Water Zero. I can drink the lemonade one and the XXX one, but the orange is my favorite.

Iced Tea for the caffeine.

Water - flavored water.

Crystal Light has the same thing Diet Coke/Pepsi has in it. So it really won't help you too much.

I liked soda for the carbonation more than the caffeine. I don't like drinking plain water. So, I started drinking Talking Rain sparkling water. It comes in several flavors. All natural. No sugars of any kind. Helped me kick my soda habit. When I want a hot drink, its either coffee or chai tea :-)

1 / 3