Trying to Conceive a Baby Boy

Hello Mommies,

I have three beautiful girls and I love them dearly. My husband and I have decided to have another child. He and I would love for our last baby to be a boy. If we have a girl, we would still love the baby just the same, we would just love to add a little more testosterone to the family. We are not trying to do any thing such as microsort or any other technical type procedure. We are looking for some natural ways. We looked online for some tips and we were just wondering if anyone has any ideas that could help increase our chances of having a precious little boy? Thanks for any advice.

I did what Minda talked about. I had sex on the morning my temp rose (ovulated) for a boy so the egg was waiting and the girls didn't have a chance. And then I had sex 5 days before my temp rose/ovulated for a girl so he boy sperm don't last more than 3-4 days and the girl sperms are holding out!

Just sent this article to my friend who wants to try for a boy...
http://news.aol.com/health/story/ar/_a/moms-diet-linked-t...
Who knows if anything works, but if you fit the description for having girls, maybe there is something to it!

Actually I wanted to have a boy so I really believe that this worked for me, twice. Ya ready? Male sperm do swim faster than female sperm, but you can help the male sperm win the race! I don't know any way of writing this in a "lady-like" way...so I'll just cut to the chase and say it as delicately as I can. Position, position, position! You need to have your husband behind you and you need to be on your hands and knees with your husband as deep as possible. After the fireworks have gone off, lay down with pillows up under your hips so that the force of gravity is working with you. Diet also has something to do with it too. Women that eat, 2,200 calories a day before conception increase their chances of having a boy. Also, I used an ovulation predictor kit to check when I was going to ovulate because the closer you time intercourse to the day of ovulation the more likely your chances are of having a boy. One more thing, the vaginal environment needs to be alkaline. (I googled some alkalin foods:ALFALFA(sprouts), almonds, APPLES apricots, artichokes, BANANAS, blackberries, blueberries, BROCCOLI, cabbage, cantaloupe, CARROTS,cherries, COCONUT, CRANBERRIES, cucumbers, DATES, dill, figs (dried), flaxseed, GARLIC, GRAPES, Grapefruit, greenbeans (fresh),LEMONS, lettuce, LIMA BEANS (fresh), mango, MELONS, okra, Olives, olive oil, ONIONS, ORANGES, Peaches, Pears, PINEAPPLE,Pumpkin, Raspberries, Romaine lettuce, Soybeans, Spinach, squash, Strawberries,tangerine, Vegetable oils, water chestnuts, watermelon.) Good luck!

my hubby and i have three girls....and now 2 boys! Its not rocket science heres the thing.
girl sperm are slower but stronger
boy sperm are faster but weaker.

for a girl the sperm needs to already be waiting so that when the egg drops the boys have diedand the girls are waiting.

for a boy you must not have any sperm waiting- so no sex from 5 days before you ovulate until the day you ovulate-this is key! that way all the boy sperm can get to the egg before it dies and before the girls.
Therefore you need to know when you ovulate. I just check my cervix- its very easy. Or you can buy an ovulation detector, basal body temp chart, mucus chart. Just do not go by rythem! Many women get messed up because they think they are counting right but they are not (first day of last period is the correct way) Also some women think they know when they ovulate (the average is 15 days past the first day of your last period but many many many women fall before or after- I am one of them=-) Soooo- you must know when you Ovulate.

In short:
5 days before you Ovulate stop having sex
the day you ovulate have sex!
The boys will get to the egg before the girls.
and there ya go!

You may have heard of it, but there is a book out there, Taking Charge of Your Fertility, that has a chapter on this. Basically what it says is that if you can time intercourse in relation to your expected ovulation date, then you will be more likely to have one sex over the other. Because the sperm that determine male and female swim in different patterns, you can try to work with those patterns to try to conceive one sex over the other. So, if I remember correctly, male sperm swim faster than female sperm, but die sooner. Therefore, the baby boy-producing sperm will most likely reach the egg first, but if they egg is no there yet, they will die before having a chance to fertilize it, leaving it open to the slower but longer-living female producing sperm. Theoretically this is why there more girls than boys. So, if you were to have intercourse several days (up to 5) before your expected ovulation date, you will most likely have a girl. If you can time your intercourse to be the day before or even the day of your ovulation, then you will most likely have a boy. Of course this is not an exact science and there are always exceptions to the rules, but its something to consider. If you don't already have the book, I would recommend at the very least checking it out from your library and reading up on the section. It might help. Good luck on your quest!

Here are a few tips that a friend passed onto me. My husband and I used them and we have 2 boys. If you know when you ovulate, wait and have intercourse on the day of and days after you ovulate. If you do not know when you ovulate, get ovulation sticks (from Wal-Mart for $10) and use them. Girls are usually conceived a few days before ovulation and boys on or after. Have your husband wear boxers instead of briefs as heat affects sperm. Have your husband drink a highly caffeinate soda before intercourse as this speeds up the Y sperm. (My husband drank Mountain Dew both times when we conceived!) I laid down for 20 minutes with a pillow under my hips after intercourse as this is suppose to help. Also intercourse position is important. Man behind women is recommended. (I hope I did not offend anyone.) Enjoy!

Test your pH level. I am sure it is not fool-proof but it does sway your odds a little. You should be alkaline (8 or above) before trying to conceive a boy and acidic (6 or below) for a girl. There are lots of alkaline diets, the one that worked the quickest for me was the one from http://www.choosethesexofyourbaby.com/. They also suggest potassium supplements. I am currently pregnant (1 have 4 girls), we'll see if it worked...

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution just ran an article about this. Here is the link:

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/shared-gen/ap/Health_Me...

Hi D.! I have a lovely daughter, but I'm trying for a boy too! I'm using www.yourdays.com to help me figure out the best days to conceive a boy. Good luck! D. H

1 / 3