"Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas"

I need some cool & inexpensive ideas for our school's Trunk Or Treat decorating contest. I've never decorated a car let alone my SUV'S trunk. LOL..

I just wanted to say Thanks Mama's for the decorating ideas. I came up with a Mad Scientist Lab, which was really cool. For decorations we used spider webs, added food coloring & plastic toys (rats, eyeballs, candy worms) to old jars and had smoke coming out of a vase. For our costumes we went to GoodWill and bought long white work shirts, used playtex gloves, an old tie, and teased our hair to make it look like an explosion in the lab. It worked out great. Thanks to the wonderful MOM'S who responded.

If you go the creepy route like Rachel suggested, add cob webs. It comes in a package... you can get at The Dollar Tree and you stretch it out. Have the cob webs coming down from the trunk. Play creepy/scary music in your DVD player and have fun dressing up yourself. (That makes it even more fun for the kids.)

Haha! This is so fun! Last year, for work, my kids and I decorated our car as a hula dancer. We made sunglasses out of black poster board. I think we papier-mached the coconuts for the bikini and strung them together with brown twine. And then just a cheap grass skirt (bought two) from the costume shop which we strung around the lower half of the car. We used the front of the car. We made a big yellow sun and that was propped from the top of the car.

It probably won't win a contest, but it was simple: when my son's preschool did trunk or treating, I used a lot of the fall/Halloween items he had made at school. He was proud to see them, they weren't too scary for the other kids, and some of the kids recognized the projects from when they did them. Nice and easy! Have fun.

We decorated our SUV for trunk or treat once, turning it into a graveyard. We used that green indoor/outdoor carpet to cover the floor, adding hills to it. We also used a big piece of cardboard as the backdrop (propped up by the two front seats) and my husband spray painted a spooky house and cloudy night scene on it. Then, we constructed some headstones and coffins out of cardboard. It looked great, and the kids loved it!

Have fun

1 / 3