Trouble with Streaks on Pergo Wood Floor

I was wondering if anyone has an idea on how I can stop streaks on my pergo wood floor. I currently use Murphy's oil soap and water with a mop. I am unable to get down on my hands and knees to wash and dry the floor do to a knee injury. I've try'd several cleaners and several swiffers. I just can't seem to get rid of the streaks.

Thanks everyone for all your responses. I cleaned the floor with just some warm water to get the Murphy's oil soap off and it seems to be helping some.

I use a Rubbermaid microfiber mop and Zep Hardwood and Laminate Floor Cleaner, both available at Home Depot. The trick is not using too much spray. I vacuum and/or dust mop the floor first. Wipe up sticky spots with a damp microfiber cloth and then mop. I have found this to be the best after much trial and error with all of the floors I clean for my clients. Good Luck!

I have been cleaning my pergo floor with a wet swiffer pad and Pledge floor cleaner. What a terrible mistake! I have streaks. scratches and a build up of wax on my floor. Is there any way I can remove the wax without damaging the floor.
Thank you
C. from Michigan

I use a both the regular Swiffer with the bottle attached and the Swiffer Sweep & Vac on my pergo floors. They work wonderfully. You could also go to Home Depot or Lowes, they carry pergo floor cleaners. I've never tried the pergo floor cleaners, but my sister has and she says they work well, but Swiffers are better.

MC

Try a Bissell Flip-It. It cleans streak free and leaves the floor dry. It also keeps you off your knees and is so easy to get out and use you end up using it more often!
Never use Murphy's Oil Soap on any floor - it leaves a residue-oil, as in the name. It helps moisturize other kinds of wood, but used on floors it will track off onto your carpets and attract soil very quickly.

I would use Armstrong's, And make sure with pergo you only add half the dose of cleaner. the concentration does not have to be strong to get the job done. and if you are still concerned about streaks rinse with clear water after you are done.

I bought a large microfiber mop (WalMart) and I just sweep the floor like usual and then go through with a bottle of Windex Anti-Bacterial and spray a fairly large area and then wipe it up with the microfiber mop. It leaves my floor beautiful. When washing the mop cover -- make sure that you don't use any fabric softner -- I made that mistake -- not good!

This method works for me and I have about 1000 square feet of Pergo and a large hairy dog.

well for one stop using the murphy's...... go to this link for solutions to your laminate flooring for cleaning.... http://www.stretcher.com/stories/03/03dec08b.cfm

and direct from pergo here is there answer a bit vague but you get the jist.... 1. How do I clean my Pergo floor?
The surface layer of Pergo flooring is hard and compact, so dirt and dust do not adhere to it easily. An occasional damp mopping, a quick sweeping or light vacuuming with the hard floor attachments are usually all it takes to keep your Pergo floor clean. Do not use soaps or detergents because they may leave a film, dulling the floor. Difficult spots like nail polish, markers, tar and cigarette burns can be removed with Pergo's Laminate and Hard Surface cleaner. Pergo floors must never be waxed, polished, sanded or refinished.

Murphy's oil soap is actually not so great for floors. It leaves a heavy film. I would vacum and then mop with just water or check pergo's website for cleaners they recommend. I had wood floors in my last house and I would only use "cleaner" usually pine sol a few times a year. The floors stayed clean by using a swipher and water once a week or so.

1 / 3