Trouble Conceiving Our Second Child

I am 23 years old and me and my husband have a 3 year old son and we have been trying to have another child for a couple months now. I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with this and if anyone has any suggestions on speeding up this process! We really want a baby!!!! We had NO trouble conceiving our son at all! Thank you

Ok, so I took a test this morning and it is positive!!!!! We are completely excited and thankful! Thanks for everyone's support!

I hate to say this, but stop thinking about it. I tried for 2 years with 2 out of my 3 kids and everyone kept telling me not to think about it. I hated when they said that because I wanted to get pregnant so badly. But they were right. When I stopped stressing about it, it happened. Just relax and have fun. I bet that's how it happened the first time right?
My third child (who is now 4 months old) came as a total suprise because we thought we were done having kids. Good luck, it will happen.

My first two were about 3 years apart and I wanted the third one to be about another 3 years... well, she ended up being 6 years later, but the thing is... I finally got pregnant right after I gave up trying! So I would say, RELAX, and give it time!

I would read back through some of the entries made on this same topic back a few months ago.
And most importantly relax and enjoy each other. You have to be intimate with each other because you love and want one another, not because you have a goal in mind. That's when it will happen when you stop trying to force it to happen.
God gives us things in his own time not ours.
So, relax and enjoy some alone time with your husband and I bet it'll happen before you know it.

Two months isn't really a long time, M., and you are still young. Go see your doctor to be sure everything is working properly. You'll be pregnant soon. This is from a grandmother who has been through it all.

Hi M.. You can also look back a few pages and see my post on this same topic back in December. I got pregnant with my son the first month we tried, so I thought the second would go just as easily. About 4 months into it is when I posted here, turns out I was pregnant at the time! What I did doesn't leave much room for romance, but it should cut your time down. You have to know when you are ovulating! My cycle changed after I had my son and when I actually started to track from the first day of my period to the first day of my next period, it was always changing. One month it would be 25 days, the next it was 29. Four days changes the window in which you should be trying a lot. I went to ivillage.com and signed up for the free two month fertility planner. You really have to play with it and read about it to make sure you understand all the settings. It will actually give you your fertile window and if you track your waking temp. it will also give you your day of ovulation. That brings me to the next step, buy a basal thermometer for $8. I got mine online but I think CVS has them too. After you start your cycle, you take your waking temp before you get out of bed every morning. The form that comes with the thermometer will explain it, but you will see a temperature spike on the day of or before you ovulate and it really works! My temp for a week was like 94.1 and one morning it was 97.9! I also bought the ovulation test strips you can get everywhere and used those every morning as well. The morning my temp spiked, the test strip came out positive. This means you should be spending some time with you hubby that day and the next 2-3 days. The first month I tried all this, I was amazed the stuff actually worked and I am due at the end of August! You could probably just use the temp, the test strips probably aren't necessary. the fertility planner was cool though, I would definately use that.
It turns out that I just was not calculating my fertile days correctly because my cycle was always changing by a few days. Good luck and let us know!!

It is easier said than done. I am a mom of two girls ages, 6.5 and 4. The only thing I can say is try to relax and make sure the baby is sleeping or drop him offat a family's house for a sleepover. I know when my first was younger, I always thought about her and it made those romantic times a bit more difficult. :) Try not to think about how much you want the baby because worry makes the process longer. Good Luck and it'll happen before you know it.

A couple of months is really nothing, if you think about it that means you have only tried to conceive twice since you only ovulate once a month. Give it some time, it may take a while especially if you have been on birth control since your first one. I would not worry, some people try for years. My husband and I were married for 13 years before our son, and tried for 2 before conceiving this one.

Hi M.! I had a similar situation. I got pregnant without even trying with my son but when we wanted child #2, it took us about a year and a half to conceive. I saw my doctor after not conceiving for about 10 months, but prior to that I was doing the basal body temperature and ovulation detector strips. It turned out that I had stopped ovulating (which I didn't know about since you can still have your period without ovulating) and got pregnant after two rounds of Clomid. But maybe try the basal body temp and ovulation detector before seeking help from the doctor. Good luck!

1 / 3