Trouble After Having Tubes Tied

Hi ladies, I had my tubes tied during my c-section with my 2 1/2 yr old and every since then when my "aunt flow" comes the cramps are some times to much to handle, and I bleed alot more than I did before I had them tied. I stay in bed for the first day with heating pads on my belly and pain pills next to me.I also start feeling so mean I dont want anyone to talk to me.. I hate it. If anyone has any advise for me please help.. I just barely got threw this month and I know next month is soon to come..

Ladies I want to thank you all so much for your advice, I also thought there was something wrong with me.. glad to know I'm not alone. why does the women have to go threw so much why can't the men get something painful that they have to deal with once amonth besides our PMS. but anyway I do have a appointment in a week and I will let you all know what she say's.. once agian thanks..

I haven't had my tubes tied but I did have a C-section almost two years ago. Ever since my period came back it's been twice as long, twice as bad (pain wise) and so completely erratic!

Hi T.,

I had my tubes tied after my son turned 1 and noticed the same thing as you. My cramps were severe and the amount of blood lost seems to be triple that of what it was before. I spoke to my GYN about this and she said that this is my normal flow but I wouldnt know because I had been on the pill since I was 16 so my flow was usually light. Her suggestion was to go on a very low dose birth control pill and that would give just enough hormone to help with the cramps and flow. I chose not to because it kind of defeated the purpose of getting my tubes tied. I dont want to have to "remember" to take anything. Good luck.

My daughter will be 2 @ the end of this month and I had my tubes tied after having her (c-section also). My flow comes every two weeks, which I was told is normal for a lot of women. My Gyn offered a procedure called NovaSure, it is supposed to slow the bleeding or stop it all together. It is new and I am still researching it some, so for now I am taking the pill, which has helped regulate everything. Ironic how you get your tubes tied but have to resort to taking the pill! LOL! I wish you the best in finding what is right for you. I'll let you know what comes of my search!

I had the same problem after I got my tubes tied. there are options that can help. 1 ablasion. It's a procedure where they pretty much brun the lining of your uterus. I was told that it will cut down the heaviness if not completely stopping your periods altogether. There is also the moderna IUD. It is low hormonal and has the same affects as the ablasion. I checked into these myself because I was going thru a maternityu pad in under an hour and I have thrombosis (subclavian and jugular blood clots) therefore my options are limited. I know a great doc in GsBORO if ya wnat more info. Feel free to IM or write me anytime at ____@____.com or ____@____.com does get a little bit better on it's own, but it takes a bit of time.

I had my tubes tied after my 2nd child almost 4 years ago. I always had painful periods but now they are HORRIBLE! I feel for you because I'm currently on my 12th day of my period and still in a lot of pain. My sister just had endometriosis and she had surgery a few months ago and feels so much better. I've got an appt with my ob-gyn next Thursday. I'm thinking I may have fibroids and entrometiosis based on all of my symptoms. I do wonder if my tubal brought some of this on or not, but I had 2 C-sections too. I wish you luck! If I find out any good info next week at my doc, I'll share with you.

*****NEW INFO******

I hope things are going better for you. I had an appointment with my OB/GYN. They found 2 small fibroids and 1 small cyst on my left ovary. She also found from the ultra sound that my lining is very thick. So, I've got a biopsy scheduled in June to verify everything is okay with lining. Then I may have a D&C and NovaSure. Then I'd only have a period for maybe one day a month!!!! (Awesome!) I also have to have another biopsy because I have dysplasia according to my pap coming back abnormal for the first time ever. So she wants to make sure I don't have any kind of pre-cancer.

Also, I'm hypothyroid. That's one of the very first things my doc checked because she said that can cause the same problems. Good luck and I hope you get this resolved! I know I'm ready to get my solved too.

I had my tubes tied almost 3 yrs ago, after my last and 3rd son was born. I never had any problems with my periods till then. Now my tubes literally burn. I have been in and out of the hopspital with cysts having to be removed along with scar tissue. My periods are sometimes regular and irregular. And the cramping is awful and the bleeding so heavy at times I get dizzy and so sick.
I went to my Dr and there is nothing he can do. But there is a precdure called Uterine Abrasion, I think that is what it is, that is supposed to stop your periods all together ,especially if you are having heavy and horrible ones.
I am checking into that.

My aunt had the same exact thing happen to her and she had to go back on birth control pills to help with her horrible periods. I know the reason you had your tubes tied was so that you would not have to worry about birth control, but maybe you could talk to your doctor about birth control that you don't have to take every day. I have the mirena insert and I love it!

i don't have any advice...i am pregnant with my third child, who is due at the end of may and am planning to have my tubes tied after the birth. i'm getting discouraged about it, though, after reading so much negative feedback from women who have had their tubes tied!!

1 / 3