Trike for 3 Year Old

Hi Moms,
Does anyone have recommendations for a trike suitable for a 3 year old? Thinking about the Kettrike Air Navigator but it's pricey and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good alternative or if they think the Ketrike is worth the money. Thanks!

I would just get the walmart or target version. eventually your younger son will want one too and your older son can still have his own.

I have a friend who thinks the Radio Flyer tricycle (similar to the Kettler Nav.) is great. I'm pretty sure it's available at Target.

we never did the trike, we went for a small 2 wheeler with training wheels, my son was 2 when I got the bike at a yard sale. was able to use the bike for a couple years and we got him the next size up last year when he turned 5. He had short legs when he was little and could not peddle the trike because he could not reach but was easily able to reach the peddles on the bicycle.

We got our son the Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer & Stroll Trike. Here's the link: http://www.radioflyer.com/trikes/trikes_53.html

It worked out really well when my son was learning how to ride because it has this co-steering feature where you can push and/or turn him with the removable handle. It was a great find! We got it from Sears Essentials in Londonderry.

You can buy the same type of trike for about $30-40 at WalMart. Im not sure who makes it but I bought one for my middle son who was 2 then 6 now and it is still in good shape. My 3 year old uses it now. It doesnt have the bucket in the back that tips over it has a step and I think that is the only difference besides the price.

My 21 mo. son loves his Fisher-Price Rock, Roll 'n Ride Trike. Very safe and not too pricey. I found mine at a used store for $8.50.

In general, I highly recommend the Kettrike Air Navigator. It is a great trike, very well made and will last through several children (if need be). Depending on how coordinated your 3-year old is, a small bike with training wheels may be a good alternative. Or a balance bike - those are very popular right now. Kids learn to balance and ride, and then moving to a real bike is a piece of cake - you can skip the training wheels altogether.

We have a lot of options on our website, and we're happy to answer questions:
http://mbeans.com/trikes-and-bikes.html

1 / 3