Tricks to Increase Chances of Having a Boy

Hello all of you brilliant folks out there. My husband and I have decided to try for our second child and both would be completely having a girl or a boy, but we would really like to try to have a boy. We have an amazing daughter who is 2 1/2 and we would love for her to have a little brother. Do any of you know of any ways to increase our chances to have a boy. Old wives tales, science-based info or otherwise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My mom's dr. told her this well over 30 years ago. Like Janette A. said in a previous post, douche with baking soda for a boy, vinegar for a girl.

Hello A.
There is a "science" to it & it is Alkalinity & Acidity, and there are ways & times that you body is more encouraging to produce a boy and ones for girls. So we tried for our boys 5 days before I ovulated & got 3 boys. And we tried for 2 of our girls the day before & day of ovulation. We got 2 girls. Our last baby we just decided to increase our chances of getting prgnant by trying the day before ovulation & got another girl. There is a great book, I have it somewhere I just picked it up at the book store about 7 years ago. It was in paperback & had a Boy in blue & Girl in red or pink. Give it a try.

Silly, but my hubby is convinced we had a boy because he chanted (in his head) "make it a boy, make it a boy!" during sex! Actually, this is purely chance...positions and time of ovuation and the such didn't work for us...having boy #2 (though we were thoroughly convinced he was a "she" up until the u/s...talk about jaw-dropping (again, hubby thinks I "screwed" things up because he was chanting "make it a girl", but my mind was screaming "no, make it a boy" :-)! Mainly it's chance...though boys DO have a slightly higher chance of happening!

My mom says the same thing about me...I should have been a boy with all her different means of trying (disturbing thought for me, but good information)!

Actually, I'm thankful for my 2 boys...made setting up the nursery a LOT easier this time around...didn't need any clothes or furniture...already experienced at raising a boy...but either way we would have been happy (and I have to admit, I WAS truly hoping for another boy!)!

S., 26, mom of 20-month-old and another boy due in 4 weeks and counting...!

There is a good book called "How to Choose the Sex of Your Child". It is based on getting to understand your cycle and info about the boy and girl "swimmers". I know a lot of my friends used this book and it worked great. My hubby and I tried it - to have a girl - and we ended up wtih twin boys! Didn't work for us obviously! But give it a shot

Take a look at the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility - it discusses a few methods.

Read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". This is a wonderful book for just learning how your body works (I was amazed at how everything happens), and it gives instructions on how to keep track of your cycle and "try" for a specific sexed baby.

Just to let you know, it's a lot of work and commitment to keep up with your cycle!! I tried to keep track for about 6 months (the amount of time it took to get pregnant with my third), but I don't think I did as thorough a job as I should have. We were trying for a girl, but were blessed with another boy!

I've heard it's easier to have a boy than a girl, so you should be good! :)

Many blessing to you!

2 tsps, of baking soda in a cup of water 2x a day for a boy (don't do this if you have high blood pressure) Worked for me, so did 1/4 cup of vinegar w/ 3/4 cups water 2x a day for a girl (in case anyone else is interested)

Try having sex 11-21 days after your period.

There was a study done in the UK that found that eating potassium rich foods such as bananas and eating a daily bowl of cereal seemed to raise the odds of having a boy. Even before I had heard of this, my usual breakfast was a bowl of cereal with bananas cut up in it. And I am the happy mother of a healthy boy!

1 / 3