Tree Nut Allergy

My almost 2yr old has an egg and tree nut allergy. I've had success using subsitutions in many recipes. However, does anyone know of a chocolate brand/company that is tree nut friendly? Every bag that I've checked in the stores has the disclaimer, "May contain trace amounts of tree nuts" or "Manufactured on equipment that also processes eggs and nuts." Many, Many Thanks!!!

My son has peanut & tree nut allergies. I have had good luck with Hershey's-you still need to read the back, but most of the time it is okay as far as chocolate bars and chocolate chips.

www.nutfreecandy.com

http://www.worldwidechocolate.com/shop_Vermont_Nutfree.html
Long List of Nut free products and manufacturers
i found thede dite hope they help

You might want to try neuromodulation. I have a chiropracter friend that does it. It is basically reprogramming the body so that your child will not have an allergy anymore. It's not 100% for everyone, but the success rate is very high. Email me if you would like his info. His practice is in Cedar Hills. My email is ____@____.com.

Whole Foods on University has options. I believe Trader Joes does as well. My 5 years old is allergic to tree nuts and dairy. My 2 year old is allergic to eggs.
I'm sorry I don't have specific brand names at this time.

Hi E.
Unsweetened Cocoa powder should be allergy friendly and you can add it to your recipes and make yummy chocolate desserts yourself but I have had trouble finding premade chocolate without the allergins you mentioned as well.

I would also suggest the Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook by Cybele Pascal which is absolutley wonderful, with tasty recipes including desserts that leaves out all kinds of allergines.

Good luck... I know how frustrating cooking for severe food allergies can be.

My son also has a tree nut allergy. Our grocery store does not sell Hershey brand chocolate chips, etc. Surprisingly, the Spartan brand is peanut free! When we make cookies or cupcakes that is what I use. I also use Baker's chocolate. This is the chololate that comes in a box and has squares that you can melt. I tend to use this to make cakes! Hope this helps!

I don't know of any companies, however, a dear friend of our has a son that has a peanut allergy. She went online and ordered things from Nestle that were manufactured in Canada. I hope this helps.

Check a natural food store- we go to Outpost. They even have non dairy chocolate!

Tootsie Rolls are peanut free! At Halloween time I try to buy candy that is peanut free, so I buy the bag with Dots, Junior Mints, and Tootsie Rolls. Hope that helps!

1 / 3