Travel with Just Hubby

Hello Moms, I am looking for ideas for a get away for my nusband and I. Probably about 3 or 4 days. We are up for flying to a destination. What I am looking for is an adult place, not X rated, just not Disneyland!! Somewhere quite but with interesting sights or activities, someplace to be alone and enjoy each other.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, M.

One of my favorite places in the US is Monterey Bay in northern California. There is a great aquarium, yummy artichokes (from nearby Castroville), and some beautiful Redwood forests for hiking. Each evening the sunset is gorgeous and you can sit on the rocks with a glass of wine watching the seals and dolphins in the water. It is the home of Cannery Row and there are several historical sites to visit...and 17 Mile Drive in Pebble Beach.

My husband and I loved the wine country in Napa and Sonoma, CA. Beautiful scenery, lots of wineries you can tour and there are also redwood forests nearby that you can hike in. We also drove to the coast one night for dinner so that we could see the beach. We went for a long weekend and it was enough time for all that I mentioned. We also walked around San Francisco (the pier area) the day we left, so I feel like we did it all!

If you're up for something more adventurous, there is always NYC or Boston. Love both of those cities as well, but you can't exactly "be alone and enjoy each other" in those cities. They are a bit more hustle and bustle. Whatever you decide....enjoy! I'm jealous! :-)

Our favorite is South Beach in Miami. It is adult, can be X rated but does not have to be. You must be open minded, there is a lot of different lifestyles there. We Love the place and I actually go every couple yrs or so by myself so it is relatively safe as well. We fly from DFW straight shot and take a cab to Ocean Blvd (about $40) and walk everywhere.

Napa Valley is a great place as well. LOVE the wine tasting and scenery.

NYC is fun, full of hustle and bustle so if you are looking for quiet time, not so much. Wonderful place to go.

Cabo San Lucas is nice but we are staying out of Mexico all together now due to security issues.

Of course, Dallas and San Antonio. Both have lots to do and are fun.

Enjoy

M.,
My husband and I go to a little bed and breakfast in Michigan near Houghton Lake that is couples only. It has a hot tub and fireplace in each room a balcony that looks out to a wooded area and the wild life come to feed at times. They serve you breakfast in your room each morning and there are NO PHONES in the rooms and no kids allowed. The couple that own it are great people. They have special rates/package deals also and they even have a place to eat/grill and the food is wonderful and you can get a voucher for that included in the price of your room I can't remember the cost. If you go tell them K. and Buddy sent you. www.Springbrookinn.com there is a lot of things to do around there also. They also have DVD, Video and CD player in each room. Before you go away on your "Grown Up" get away contact me in a personal reply and let me tell you about Arbonne's Unwind Massage Oil which is perfect for that special alone time at home and away not to mention it is great to put in the bath to help calm and relax kids and adults both so they can get a good night's sleep .

Branson, Mo is our favorite getaway! It is very fun with lots to do as a couple. we stay on the lake and it is very awesome any time of year! Have fun wherever you choose!

my husband and I love to go to Las Vegas. The hotels all have great pools, and there are shows for anything you might be interested in. We love renaissancy stuff, so we saw Tournament of Kings at Excalibur and had a great time. It's also fun to just walk around and eat there. :-)

My husband & I spent four days in San Antonio. It was beautiful, entertaining, educational and FUN! The food was amazing and the people were kind. Great sites, shopping & food!!! :) Have fun wherever you go! :)

Oh my gosh you have to look into Catalina Island! You'll take a boat from Long Beach out there because it doesn't have an airport and just about everywhere you need to go, you travel by golf cart. It's a great intimate place to be with your husband. Great tours (glass bottom boat, flying fish, tour of the island and so much more) and beautiful sight seeing. VERY laid back. If you book through an agency you can get great packages. A destination I plan on visiting again and hopefully more than once again in this lifetime.

Good luck finding the perfect get away!

1 / 3