Transverse Baby at 32 Weeks

My 32-week ultrasound showed that my baby is in the transverse position. Everything I read on line says that it will likely shift on its own by 36 weeks, but does anyone have any recommendations on things I can do to make sure she moves her head down? I'm terrified of a c-section.

I had a pregnancy yoga instuctor who was asked this question and recommended a chiropractor who also specialized in this.

I had the same problem and the doctor told me to play music (putting the headphones down toward the pubic area). It worked out well. Good luck!

If the baby does not move by 36 weeks and you need a c-section please don't be terrified. I had to have one and it was not bad at all. Just a bit more recovery time in the hospital. good luck.

don t worry about the c- section. It is not as bad as everyone says. I have had 2 very successful ones. But you will need help afterwards because of your other 2 kids. Make sure to do what ever is best for baby and if you have a supportive husband and other family members to help out for between 4-6 weeks everything will be fine.
If you decide to go with the c-section don t be shy with the medication just remember to take something to keep you regular. You don t want to be constipated on top of everything else.
Good luck and God bless you and your family !

I don't know how to make it happen.However , I can let you know that my daughter was transverse my whole labor and at the last moment turned and was born. They told me that they were going to do a c-section if she wasn't born soon, then an hour later she turned and came.Good luck!

I wouldn't worry too much. My little girl stayed head up until 38 weeks. Then she turned and all was fine. Another friend of mine (responding to my own concerns) said her son kept doing sumersaults throughout her pregnancy. Each day he was in a new position and the day prior to her delivery he was head up. But on the final day he turned head down and was born vaginally without any trouble.

Stay very active, and try some basic yoga positions. Pevlic rocking is really good for this, too. (Plus they feel really good on your lower back!) Try not to lay on your back while watching TV. My midwife said that lounging on your back, even propped up, can keep a baby comfortably resting in a less productive position. (It's not bad for the baby, but it doesn't encourage her to turn!)

I'll also tell you that I had to have a C-Section. I was terribly disappointed, after 36 hours of laboring naturally. But in the end, I had a wonderful, healthy baby boy. And it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The worst part was my own disappointment in myself, which led to a little depression. Whatever happens, try not to get your expectations out of whack, like I did. That little girl is going to be such a blessing, no matter how she gets here!

A., I would suggest seeing a chiropractor who is certified in The Webster Technique. I personally know of one in Milford. A friend of mine was seeing him for a breech baby at 36 weeks, and the baby turned just in time for her planned home birth, completely avoiding an preventable c-section.

His name is Dr. Jason Jenkins and he is on Gulf Street in Milford, right by the Bob's store.

I understand the being scared of a c-section, I also was terrified, and ended up having one. I have dealt for months on end since my son was born with the emotional and physical repercussions of it. As many women here said "its not that bad" but believe me, for some women, like myself... it WAS... THAT bad.

I know the thought of a c-section terrifies you, but please consider the following - your baby may be transverse for a reason. My friend's baby was trnasverse and she tried everything to get him to turn. Nothing worked. He went into distress and she had to have an emergency c-section. Turns out that his cord was too short to allow him to be in any other position than the one he was in.
My son was transverse all the way until the end of my pregnancy. I did nothing to turn him and he turned. I believe that if your baby is able to turn, she will, just at the right time! And if not, educate yourself on c-sections and know that they are done all the time and both of you will be just fine.
Best of luck.

I don't know anything about the transverse position. However, I would like to echo the sentiment that c-sections are not that bad. We had planned a home birth. I labored for about 28 hours at home. We were trying to get the baby into a better position, plus I didn't dilate past 5 centimeters. We ended up going to the hospital. Having a hospital birth was not in my plan and a c-section was the furthest thing away. I did not even have a bag packed. I was pretty scared and disappointed when I realized I would have to have a c-section. We all hear stories about unnecessary c-sections and associated health risks. Plus, I wanted the experience of a vaginal delivery and all the good things it does for baby and mom. Again, the c-section was not a bad experience and was even beautiful because our son was born and we were able to nurse skin-to-skin in the bed a few minutes later. Bad things can happen, but more often they do not. Being in labor, while very tiring and hard work, was beneficial, too. Congratulations and good luck!

1 / 3