Transitioning Baby from Fischer Price Rock N Play Sleeper to Crib

This sleeper has been a God send during the first 3 months, my son has slept great in it etc. but I am ready to put him in a crib, my question is has anyone had issues with their babies not wanting to sleep flat on their backs in a crib from sleeping in this sleeper? And how did the transition to the crib work for you?

Thanks in advance!

(mother of a 3 year old and 3 month old)

My son slept through the night from day 2 - 4 months in the rock n play. By then he was too big to safely sleep in it and we had to move to the crib. He has had a hard time sleeping since. I tried swaddling and puting rolled sheets UNDER the mattress to prop the head of the crib. Then you could slowly make the incline less. I would try to transition him soon - Good Luck!

If you're not already, you could try swaddling him so he feels more cozy. Try putting him in at naptime, swaddled, and rubbing his tummy till he falls asleep. Or maybe it would help to have some "playtime" in the new crib so he can get used to the newness of it.

that might be a hard one... but just keep at it and he will adjust.

Went through this with my two and the second one was easier because I put two towels rolled up under one of those thick crib blankets so that he felt swaddled. I know you are not supposed to put anything in the crib so I was reluctant. But I put the blankets rolled up like tubes and put them so they'd be under each side of him and used one of those stiffer decorative square crib blankets. Did this for a couple days, then removed one towel then the other so by the time he was anywhere near rolling over, the towels were gone. Worked very well.

Updated

Updated

start with the nap time. Lay him in his crib during nap time while he is still semi-awake. So that he can get a feel of where he is. If he cries, let him cry for a few minutes. Don't run in there. You should know his different cries by now. If after 10 minutes, he hasn't settled down, go back to the sleeper, but not right away.

1 / 3