Toy Story 3...sad?

We just watched Toy Story 3 with our son this weekend and I've heard from so many people how sad it was and that many people cried during it. I didn't find it to be sad at all, maybe a bit touching in a part, but not sad enough to cry. So, I was just wondering what was the sad part where everybody cried? I do cry alot during movies and even some commercials make me cry like the Folgers/Peter commercial. Even though it's been airing for years now, I still get teary eyed. I just didn't see any sad part in Toy Story 3. Maybe because it was just a cartoon and wasn't real.

I cried at the end when Andy decided to leave his toys. I think the movie in isolation isn't sad, but thinking of the trilogy and the relationship Andy has had with his toys (and their love and devotion to him) is what made it sad for me.

Didn't think it was sad but it was not done in good taste for a "children's" movie at all. Maybe they were targeting the audience for the first toy story? Who knows but I'm pretty sick of movies that are marketed towards young children and are scary and are full of suggestive inappropriate remarks. Is that REALLY necessary? No.

When the mom walked in the son's empty room - that was a sad part. When Andy gave his toys to the little then drove off leaving his toys - that was sad.

I think I have always known our daughter was going to grow up and move away for college, but when she was actually making decisions on things to store and stuff she was willing to get rid of, there were a lot of memories attached to each item for me and my husband.

The stuffed puppy, that was the very first baby gift we were given and our daughter kept in her clutches all through her toddler years... Her Barbies, that she dressed and undressed over and over again with fashion shows, that never failed to crack us up.. The penguin she would bat at to make it make sounds and she would giggle, no matter how many times, it rocked back and forth as a baby..

I also cried a little at each school program that my daughter was ever in and I still get a little weepy when I hear how well our children are doing in school even today.. They are in college and I remember how hard these kids worked, how we as parents worked so hard to tutor, to make money for our schools, how as a community we were all there for each other and the other schools in the community..

So to see Andy grow up and pack up for college, was just so hard, because when your child is getting ready to move out of the house and they make these decisions, what to keep and what they want to get rid of, you realize that is it.. Your relationship will never be the same. You are proud, but it just went by so fast.

Then the toys thinking they were no longer wanted or needed.. that can be a little the way parents feel when their children first fall in love, When their children make grown up decisions like what college to attend, when their children are ready to move out.. Then to see the toys ready to just be burned up after always surviving anything in the past.. Those big sad eyes.. Just broke my heart.. I also loved the empathy Andy had for the little girl, knowing she was going to love those toys as much as he did.. Very touching..

when Andy gave Woody to the little girl at the end.... that's when my SIL and Mom cried. I didn't cry, but it WAS a surprise and I might've gotten a knot in my throat.

I cried my eyes out in the very end of toy story 3 when Andy thanks his toys for all the good times they gave him and drives away. I mean, I bawled my eyes out. And even though he denied it, my husbands eyes watered too, lol. I watch toy story 1 and 2 with my baby brother growing up and when i watched toy story 3 that part reminded me of all the good times I had with him when he was small and it was like i was thanking him for the good times we shared. We're all grown up now and I hope I can share those experiences with my son.

I think the part that got my husband the most was when the toys were in the incinerator, you could see the fear in their eyes and it was sad, he refuses to watch it again.

For me, it was when he gave the toys to Bonnie, kind of saying goodbye to his childhood.

I cried at the end when Woody waves goodbye and they are all sitting there watching Andy drive away. My son liked the movie but he was hysterical when I tried to throw away a broken toy of his. He didn't want his broken toy to get burned up. :) Over all, our family loves all the Toy Story movies.

1 / 3