Toy Laptop Recommendations for Toddler

I need some mamma input...We'd like to get our kids a toy laptop for Christmas. Our oldest will be almost 2 by then and loves to try to peck the keys and grab the mouse on our (non-toy) computers. What toy laptop would you recommend?

My son really liked the Thomas laptop (can be found at WalMart, Target, etc.) when he was 2. He is now 6 and still finds it enjoyable at times. I highly suggest this as it can be understood by little ones and the boys just love Thomas the Train at this age.

we got our son, the leap-frogs, my 1st computer click start, which it is not a laptop, but it is a keyboard with a mouse that plugs into a tv and they can play learning games it.. It has been great and he still uses it..

V-Tech. Reasonably priced around $20, and it has educational items and games. My 4 year old loves it. My 2 year old bangs on the keys, but loves to hear the sounds. They have both dropped it several times, and it continues to work.

I got the leapster for my children and they love it! Also, Fisher Price has some great laptops. It really depends upon what you are looking for.

All the Best!

Last Christmas we got our son a v-tech laptop (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2340839) and while the age recommendation is 4-8 we wanted something he could bang on. Mission accomplished, sort of. The banging on the keyboard only went so far. He couldn't really do any of the games or 'interact' with it so he lost interest quickly. Although he can't do the games yet, soon he will.

About the same time he also received a vtech Thomas & Friends Learn and Explore Laptop: (http://www.vtechkids.com/product.cfm/Thomas_Friends_Learn...) and it's been a real hit! The programs are much better suited for him and he can actually do the letters and numbers games (correctly identify and press letters/numbers when asked).

I honestly don't know if they still make this- I haven't looked but I got my daughter a keyboard that lays on top of the regular keyboard called up to ten. It comes with games and you can get more games too. She LOVED it. Now she's 6 and my 2 year old LOVES it while my 6 year old trys to push him out of the way to play. Its way to simple for her at this age though. The keyboard has buttons of different shapes and colors that they use to play the games. The games my son likes best are called boowa and kwala and I think they're either french or australian. Sorry to be so vague its all set up on our old computer thats upstairs. Let me know if you need more info. Karen

Our kids love the Thomas Laptop. It has games, alphabet, numbers and songs. It has a mouse that moves like a joystick.

Our two year old LOVES this laptop, as well as kids that come over for playdates. :)

http://www.amazon.com/VTech-Preschool-Learning-Tote-Lapto...

It has many different games from letter/number recognition to laptop mouse control. Even though the age specification is 3-5, it is very age appropriate for a two year old...especially one who is fascinated by the world of computers. :) It is also pretty durable...ours has been dropped (and thrown) a couple of times and still works perfectly.

Have fun! :)

My 4 yo also loves her leap frog 1st click computer. She got it when she was 2 and she still plays with it. It hooks up to the tv, so its very convenient. Good luck!

1 / 3