Top Book Recommendations for a 2 1/2-3 Year Old Girl

Hello,
I am looking for books that I can get for a 2 1/2-3 year old girl for her birthday. I have 2 boys and I know that many of the books they enjoy, girls will enjoy too, but are there any books specifically that a little girl would like?

"Birthday Monsters" by Sandra Boynton has always been a big favorite. It reads like Dr. Suess so it has a great cadence to it that the kids really get into.

Enjoy!

The Very Hungry Caterpillar, though not a "girl book", is a hit with both my kids- my daughter is 2.

We love the Olivia books. Our favorites are Olivia, Olivia Saves the Circus, and Olivia and the Missing Toy (though this one has kind of a scary page in it). The Fancy Nancy books are excellent too and totally and completely girly.

Enjoy!

I have a 2 y/o and a 4 y/o little girls. Here are just a few of our favorite books:
Eyes , Nose, Fingers, and Toes by Judy Hindley
The Flea's Sneeze by Henry Holt
If you give a mouse a cookie by Laura Numeroff
If you give a pig a pancake by Laura Numeroff
If you give a pig a party by Laura Numeroff

My 4 y/o also loves princess books. The Disney princess stories are sometimes long. So, if you decide on a disney princess book, make sure it is one that has multiple short stories in it. I have both. The long stories my 2 y/o will not sit through. She wants the pages turned before your done reading and then gets frustrated. My girls love angelina ballerina and I didn't know there were angelina books. I will definitely be looking into those.

My daughter (almost 2.5) loves the Olivia books, and her fav page is the scary picture that someone mentions in the missing toy book. Also we love the books by Anna Dewdney...Llama Llama Mad at Mama, Llama Llama Red Pajama, Grumpy Gloria, Nobunny's Perfect...beautiful illustrations and great real-life situations.

Lift-the flap and pop-up books are a huge hit at this age - anything about animals or families are popular.
My son loved "Dear Zoo" and "Where's Spot?"

The Alfie books by Shirley Hughes. Or any book by this author. Google her and you will learn she is a national treasure in England. Her Alfie series and other books have delighted the young children in my care for a long time. You will find them at the library if you want to do a trial run. I promise you these books will be enjoyed by ALL the small and tall folks at your house!!!

Definitely the "Fancy Nancy" books or Disney Princess books for my little girl. I like Fancy Nancy because it is a regular little girl who enjoys dressing up, sprinkle and sparkles and large "fancy" words so some of the books are really good for introducing vocabulary that will be beneficial as they grow up. One of my favorite Disney Princess books...I think it's called "How to Be a Princess" and talks about how princesses are kind, giving, etc. If this little girl is like most girls this age, it is a nice book. Good luck shopping for a book!

Our granddaughters - 3 and 4 year olds - love anything princess or fairy tale... the Disney princess stories. Winnie the Pooh is always a favorite theme with kids this age. We also have a series of Raggedy Ann and Andy story books that the girls ask for over and over again. I'm not sure what's available currently in that theme, but highly recommend them for pure enjoyment. Each one we have also has a good life lesson in it, but delivered in such a way that it isn't 'preachy'.

1 / 3