Tooth Not Erupting

My son is 7 and when he was 2 he hit his front tooth and the root broke. Hi front tooth was pulled out 1 1/2 year ago, because his dentist said that he had an infection and that it was better to pulled it out. His other front tooth already erupted but there is not sign of the one that was pulled out...Could you please advise me if there is any reason for the delay...Do the 2 front teeth erupt at the same time?? should I be worried about it??

One good thing is that everyone is different. My son's came out before he even hit first grade but his friend who is in third grade and is very small had one of the front lower teeth just come out this year.

Teeth are one of those things we just can't control. They come when they're ready and there's nothing anyone can do about it. You can always bring it up at his next check up, but chances are they dentist will just tell you that teeth come in when they're ready.

Hello J., To give yourself peace of mind have the dentist do an x-ray and see visually what the teeth are doing. When our son had a tooth break as part of a accident it was so long before the toth was coming in that our dentist had to actually cut the gum becasue it had hardened and then the tooth came in within days! So talk with your dentist becasue this seems like a very long time to have it out and must have caused many speach difficulties for words. We found that for our 5 children the front teeth came in seperatly but there was always a time period that they had both front teeth out at the same time.

My son broke his front tooth in a fall when he was 17 months old. We had to have the rest of it pulled. While his other front tooth fell out and grew a new one at 7 years old he didn't get his new front tooth till he was 9 years old. It took for ever and the gum is higher on that tooth now from years of not having a tooth there. I was concerned about the tooth taking so long to come in because I'd heard in some cases the gum getting so tough that the tooth has a hard time breaking through. Sometimes it requires a little help. Before the tooth erupted the gum swelled up a bit and thinned out and the tooth was able to break through. No more toothless smile after so many years. So I would say don't worry about it . It'll come through .

Our littles one haven't they are coming in differently. I say make a dental appointment. If he had X-rays less than 6 months ago at a bi-yearly check up then you can just call the dentists office and ask them to re-check the x-ray and see if it is growing okay.

I wouldn't worry about it, but the next time he sees the dentist, mention it so that they can check just to be sure there isn't a problem.

HELLO J., U WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS, THE EXACT THING HAS HAPPENED TO MY SON. WEN HE TURNED 8 YRS, THE TOOTH STARTED TO SHOW, BUT IT STARTED TO APPEAR FRM THE WRONG PLACE, IT STARTED TO COME THRU FROM THE TOP OF HIS GUM INSTEAD OF THE BOTTOM. IT IS NOW ALMOST FULLY THRU, BUT SEEMED TO TAKE LONGER THAN THE OTHER ONE, IT TOOK APPROX 5 MONTHS, AND IT LOOKS HIDDEOUS. LIFT UR SONS LIP AND KEEP CHECKING. I AV FOUND A EW DENTIST BUT NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE DENTITION, SO BOOKED WITH SOMEONE ELSE FOR A 2ND OPINION AND SPOKE WITH PRACTISE MANAGER AND TOLD HER THAT I THINK MY SON SHOULD AV BEEN GIVEN A FULL MOUTH XRAY. OUR NEXT BOOKING FOR THE 2ND OPPINION IS ON 1ST JUNE. ALSO 3 BOTTOM TEETH AV COME THRU VERY CROOKED, AND IM WORRIED COS MOST OF CHILDREN IN HIS CLASS AV ALMOST ALL THIER 2ND TEETH, BUT ALEKS DOES NOT.

WEN I WAS A CHILD , SOME OF MY TEETH WERE GROWING TOWARDS BONE OF MY NOSE, INSTEAD OF DOWNWARDS. FOR THIS REASON AND HOW AL'S TOOTH HAS GROWN, THE PRACTICE NURSE, AND PRACTICE MANAGER AGREED ALEKS SHOULD AV BEEN PUT FORWORD TO SEE AN ORTHADONDIST AND RECIEVED THE FULL MOUTH SCAN. IF U WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IN TOUCH, AND SEE WAT HAPPENS NEXT, MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS ____@____.com (im on facebook too). i would like to hear of your sons progress too, please.
GOOD LUCK!!! WITH REGARDS FROM 'K'

My 8 yr olds first front tooth just started to erupt. The other one is still not visible.

Did an x-ray show that there is a permanent tooth there? One of my girls has 2 permanent teeth missing, and the other has 1 missing.

1 / 3