Tongue Sticking Out

My 6 week old is constantly pushing out her tongue after feeding, is this normal?

Actually, yes this is normal!! It's kind of silly, but it's just her learning how to eat!! Doing that, helps the baby to swallow!!!

Simply put.....yes, they are orally fixated for many years.

yes it is normal- just one of the funny things little ones do!

I don't think I have one pic. of my now almost 3 year old girl, with her tongue in her mouth. LOL

Yep! At that age they're still getting the feel of their tongue and all the cool stuff it can do.

Hi A.! I have 10 year old twin boys and a 3 1/2 month old son. The tongue sticking out is a normal reflex for infants. My son does it too. In some cases, when babies have reflux, like my son does, the tongue pushing out intensifies somewhat. In any case, it is totally normal. Enjoy your little one! T.

Yes, this is normal. It is a built-in reflex that helps to prevent choking if somehthing is put in their mouth.

My five month old grand daughter started sticking her tongue out for no reason why

1 / 3