Toes Turning White

This is a wierd question but yesterday I took off my son's socks and shoes and his big toe and baby toe were white on the edges like when you sit in the bath tub too long. Has anyone experienced this before and are his shoes too tight or is there something else going on.

hi A.,,,
it sounds like his shoes are to small both in width and size .
blessed L.

hi A.,,,
blessed L.

Your son's feet may be sweating a lot in his shoes, which is why they would turn white like when in the tub (or water) too long. This used to happen to my son when he was younger too.

I would`nt worry about it, it probably is only perspiration from having the socks on with the shoes for a long period of time,especially if it is warmer than usual.

H.

Are his socks wet? It could be sweat.

Sounds like sweaty feet. My boys get it too. Boys can be very active and they have sweaty feet. Wait till they start smelling... It is not pretty... :)

Hey A.,

This site (http://books.google.com/books?id=xQsjyagTincC&pg=PA63...) says that the condition might be athlete's foot... which is especially problematic because the fungus (tinea) also causes ringworm elsewhere in the body... And of course, if it is that, then it is highly contagious, especially anywhere he might go barefoot (like around the house, in the bath tub, and then someone else in the family could get it).

Put a call into the pedi... Also consider getting shoes that are made of breathable material to reduce the moisture.

Could he be swetting a tons in his shoes?

was he wearing crocs? That happened to my daughter when she was wearing crocs a whole bunch. The white spots turned to dried calluses and then peeled off. Sounds gross, but it all sorted its self out. I put her to bed with eucerin on her feet and socks on and it got better.

1 / 3