Toddler with Rash on Back and Stomach

My 14 month old son has broken out in some type of rash with little pin size dots all over his stomach and back. It doesn't seem to bother him at all, but while giving him a bath the dots felt a little bit raised. The only thing new and different he has had in the past two days was some orange Hi-c watered down.

Has he recently been on anti-biotics? could be an allergic reaction. Children often will respond to the meds 7-10 after the first dose was given, with hives.

Could be a similar reaction to some other thing he has ingested or come in contact with. Benadryl will usually take care of that but I'd have the pediatrician look at it before you medicate it so that it can be identified.

P.

could be heat rash or could be flea bites or some other bug type bites. Did he get hot recently? Sounds like heat rash. Just bathe and then put a easy cream like Aveeno on it and see how it goes.

My daughter had a similar rash. We found out it was from her eating too many tomatoes. The acid in the food made her break out. I would suggest discontinuing the Hi-C to see if the rash goes away.

if it isn;t heat rash...it could be ezcema....or at least that is what our ped told us

H.
Your wonderful Son might be reating to the Vitamin C Or possibly the water. You also might be using too much soap or bleach in his cloths. I hope you can use these ideas.
Take care.

Has your son been eating and drinking? If not, it could be strep throat. My son stopped wanting to eat or drink when he would get a sore throat. Sometimes strep can cause the kind of rash you are describing. If that is the case, he will need an antibiotic.

P.

sounds like roseolla. Not serious, but your pediatrician may prescribe medications. It's another one of those mysterious childhood diseases like chicken pox.
only one of my four children got it, so it must not be very contagious. My daughter didn't seem uncomfortable, but her skin was irritated, splotchy and red. It's been a long time, but I think she got an antibiotic to help her fight it off.

Sounds like heat rash.

did you notice one particular spot where it started first, probably the size of a nickel for a few days? If so, then my son had the same rash about a month ago; it's called pityriasis rosea, starts off with a patchy area that turns to dry scaly skin in one spot and within 5 days spreads on back and stomach and MAYBE the arms, but not always. I just put Ammens medicated powder (or any medicated powder) in his bath and rubbed it on him and it went away within a couple days. If it's pityriasis rosea, it's not serious, there's no cure, it just runs it's course. It may get a little itchy towards the end of it all, but shouldn't bother him much. hope that helps, good luck!

Hello!
It could be a reaction to Red6 food dye. I do know that that dyeis in orange drinks like that...it is actually very common.
Also, at that age, if back teeth should be trying to break through & he is a bit slobbery, it could be as simple as a heat rash (or of course if you live in the south as I do)...keep it dry & not wet & (though a thick lotion or cream helps but do not cover..air is best)it will improve almost overnight!!
Hope this helps!

1 / 3