- Grate raw potato, squeeze the juice and apply the juice under your eyes for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can also place thin slices of potato on your eyes (with them closed) every night before you retire. This is one of the most popular and time-tested home remedies for dark circles.
- Include a lot of green leafy veggies in your diet. Also include food rich in Vitamin A and E.
- Indulge in some kind of exercise like walking, jogging. Yoga, especially pranayama is known to improve skin health.
- Take two thin slices of cucumber and place them on your eyes. This removes the puffiness and cools the eyes - Dip cotton in rose water and place them on your eyes.
- Reduce salt intake in your food. Excess salt encourages fluid retention and leads to puffy eyes.
- The area under your eyes has very sensitive skin, so never use chemical bleach.
- You can also place used tea bag (cold) on your eyes which helps lessen the darkness - Avoid exposing your skin to harsh rays of the sun. Especially for the eyes, wear sunglasses whenever you step out in the sun
- Apply any best eye cream for dark circles containing vitamin K and argiline. Dark circles may be caused by a deficiency of vitamin K. Regardless of the cause, however, skin creams containing these two ingredients reduce puffiness and discoloration significantly in many people. Long-term daily use seems to have the greatest effect.