Toddler Safety

i was wondering if any one had a soultion for a toddler climbing out of the pack-n-play.
my daughter has climbed out of her crib and we now have a tent over the crib
but we are going away and using the pack-n-play for her bed...i've seen her climb out
of it and i know they tent does not fit over it...any suggestions????
thanks
erin

E.,
They make pack and play tents too. I had one for my daughter. There was a tent on her crib and p&p. I believe the same company makes both.

Hello, E., my name is M.. My son who is 2 1/2 now started climbing out of his playpen at about 20 months. I went to Ikea and bought a tent that is adjustable and it is mesh so there is no saftey concern and that has worked wonders. I also attached his mirror and fish toy from his crib and it keeps him busy. Find something he likes and take it from there. At this age there easy to trick. Good Luck!

I just found your answer! I have the same problem and was feeling quite deperate and I found a Play yard tent on babycenter.com. It's a little pricey but for me worth it. Hope this helps!
A.

you should put her in a bed if she's climbing out of the crib all the time - forget about the tent

E., It sounds like she is ready for a big girl bed. When toddlers start to crawl out of cribs and playpens, it is really dangerous. That is a sure sign that they are ready and need to be moved to a bigger bed. I have four children and left each of mine in their cribs until they started to crawl out. One was almost 2 1/2 but the others were younger. It may take some practice for her to learn she needs to stay in her bed, but train her she doesn't get out unless you come and get her. I did that with all my kids until they were 6. That way I didn't have to worry about them getting up and walking around the house if I was still awake. Good luck. Also, going away is the perfect time to put her in a big girl bed; different environment may make the transition at home easier.

I have 2 boys...my rule of thumb was that when they are able to climb out of their crib/pack-n-play, then they are too old to be in one. As convenient as the pack-n-play is, it's time to graduate to something else. You don't want to risk your child getting hurt while climbing out of it. How about getting a portable/removable side rail. Push the bed up against a wall, and then you only need 1 side rail. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Hey E. My daughter is two and climbs out of her crib and pack-n-play, so i went to buy buy baby and bought a crib tent and a pack-n-play tent. They are made by the same company, and are very safe. You can also order from babyguard.com
http://www.babyguard.com/plyatewicaki.html. Hope this helps.

E.,

Moving your child to a regular bed sounds like a good idea to me. But you should also teach your child not to get out of the bed unless you are present to keep them clear of hazards.

1 / 3