Toddler Booster Seat for Kitchen Table

Does anyone have any recommendations for a booster seat for a 32-pound 2 year old to use at the kitchen table? My son still uses the booster seat we have had as a travel feeding seat since he could first sit up and eat solid foods. It's the kind with the removable tray. And I just don't think it's very comfortable. We just switched him out of the high chair a couple months ago, and now he seems squirmy and sometimes complains that his "butt hurts" when he's sitting in the booster seat. I've looked a little in the stores and everything seems geared to babies, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Any good ones out there?

We use a Kaboost
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SK...;

I love that it works with any 4-legged chair and my son loves to get up into the chair on his own!

I got our son an Eddie Bower wooden one from a second hand store that he seems to like. It came with a cushion back like his high chair. The cushion of course gets dirty but I can get it pretty clean. It has a removable tray that I leave off and push him up to the table. The legs on the bottom can be folded down if you need more room as well. We like it.

Msg from my friend who moved her 2 yo to a booster:

I love our booster seat: boosterPOD® by Prince Lionheart®. Its been great having our son sit at the table with us instead of in his high chair. I got it through Amazon, but here it is at Buy Buy Baby.

We put a towel under it to protect the chair, even though it has a protective finish on the bottom.

We have the Eddie Bauer wooden one with the cushion as well and like it. My daughter used it until she outgrew it and now my son uses it. The little folding legs are nice because they allow 2 chair heights. The only comfort complaints that we have had were from my daughter. When she was close to outgrowing it, she complained that it hurt her legs. She was probably 4 at the time.

Can he just kneel on a chair cushion on the kitchen chair?

We have the Cooshee by Babysmart also. My daughter is now 4 and has used it since she was about two. It has held up well and is very confortable.

We had the Cooshie booster too, and it worked great for us, even with curved seats. I know someone else had heard this was a problem, but we were OK with it, so maybe it depends on how far around the chair curves. It is kind of pricey, but lasts for a while and wipes clean pretty easily.

We use a Kaboost

I have a Cooshee from the One Step Ahead catalog. Its kind of rubbery, very soft and comfy, doesn't slide around, easy to clean, and doesn't scuff up my chair like plastic ones do. My guy is 4 and he still uses it.

1 / 3