Toddler Activities - San Antonio,TX

We recently moved to San Antonio, and I am still looking around for activities/classes to get involved in. I have a 1 1/2 year old son. He loved going to story times and music classes where we previously lived. I have been unable to find either of these in our area.

We live SW of Sea World. If you know of any good toddler activities in that area, please let me know!

Treehouse Music Together has wonderful and enriching classes for you and your son. You'll sing, dance and play instruments together with other families is a comfortable, non-performance setting. Right now, classes are held in Stone Oak, which is a bit of a drive, but there should be classes for Spring or Summer in the 1604/ I10 are. You can visit www.TreehouseMusicTogether.com to find out about taking free demo class too.

Check out your local Library. They usually have story times.

All the public libraries have toddler time. Just google San ANtonio Library, then look under events and find the library closest to you. The YMCA offers Mommy and Me swimming classes for this age. However only at the one by the Alamo Dome, it's on Sat mornings(the pool is heated). Also look in the Our Kids magazine, it has daily events listed as well as area businesses that cater to toddlers. Good Luck!

There is a library at Hausman and Kyle Seale (however you spell it) and they have a good story time. I drive all the way from Stone Oak to go on Wednesdays at 2:00. My friend also goes and her daughter seems to like it a lot too.

There are several playgroups via yahoo groups that meet in that area. Along with several churches have playgroups. There is also a gymnastic place-Powerhouse Gymnastics on Culebra, just inside the 1604 loop, that offer classes. There is also a library-Great NW branch further down the road, after it turns into Grissom(at the HEB intersection Culebra turns right, and if you continue straight it becomes Grissom) they offer a couple of story times.

Ditto on the libraries for story time. Many of the bookstores have story times, too, on weekends. Check with the children's dept at Borders, Barnes and Nobles, etc... for future events.

When my kids were little we went to a Thomas the Tank, Arthur, a Dr. Suess and a special Christmas event all at Barnes & Nobles.

1 / 3