To Young for Deodorant

I was wondering how young is to young to use deodorant? I have a daughter that is going to be 8 next month and she has a odor and me and my husband have been putting my deodorant on her. Is this normal for a child this young? I have not discused this with her doctor. If this is common waht kind of deodorant do you recommed?

Thank all of you for your responses.I am glad that this has happened to other moms as well, now i don't feel bad putting deodorant on her. I am glad to hear that it is normal, It is hard to believe that girls are getting mature that early. I will kep ypu all updated on my results. Thanks again

I have a little brother that needed deoderant right around that age....needless to say his son and daughter both have been wearing it since about that age as well. They all started puberty a little earlier than most and needed it. I don't believe it will harm them. My brother is fine and he's 35. His children are now 12 and 9 and they are fine.

All of my kids needed deoderant before kindergarden. Never had any problems or adverse reactions. I started them out with the light weight stuff like Tussy or Avon until it didnt work on them anymore.

Well... I had this problem with my daughter(6)and the best type to use was mittchum on the advice of my ped regular... and it worked perfectly and them I gave her a half of teaspoon of cider vinegar weekly to manager her ph in her ever growing body.

Girls are maturing much younger these days and it's not out of the norm to have a younger child in need of deoderant. In fact, my soon to be seven year old son has become quite the sweaty little guy and is now using deoderant as well.

My daughter who is just 10 started using deodorant when she was 8. She also started shaving when she was 8 too. We have had lots of problems with her and personal care. We have gone through about 10 different brands of deodorant before finding one that works (Secret Clinical for Women!) I know that I was amazed at how young that girls are maturing. She came home a few months ago from school after the day the school had the "girl talk" and told me that 2 girls in her class had started their periods in second grade!!! SECOND GRADE!!!!

Just do what is best for your girls, no age it too young when it comes to personal care.

D.,

I wouldn't put your deodorant on her, but they do have some called Teen Spirit. My 10 year old has used it for about a year now.

Deodorant is appropriate girls at 8 years-old,. it's when you look at anti-perspirant that it can be bad for young girls. The aluminum silicate can clog pores and sweat glands under their arms. This has been linked to breast cancer, though I don't know how early this can affect them. I use Tom's of Maine Natural deodorant for my 8 year-old because it is strictly a deodorant. They sell it at most grocery stores or Whole Foods. Hope this helps.

My step-daughter is 10 now and has been using deodorant since she was about 7. She developed early and some kids just need it ealier than others. I recommend Teen Spirt for younger girls, they have cool designs and fun colors. You will probably need to remind her to put it on every day for a while though, I know my step-daughters and their friends who I coach in volleyball, basketball and softball "forget" to put it on and end up stinking pretty bad!

it happens- my daughter is now 19 and has always had it and it hasnt gotton better. I recommend talking to your ped to let them know and see what they advise.

My daughter started wearing deodarant about the same age. She is 10 now. We use a secret solid that goes on clear. I don't think that it's too young. If I remember correctly I started wearing it myself in the second grade.

Hope this helps a little,

1 / 3