Tired of Cooking

I'm verrrrry tired of cooking and planning meals nothing sounds good anymore. Do you ladies have any recipes that are quick and tasty that my growing family will eat? I usually love cooking but now that everyone is home for the summer I find it harder to be organized.

Thank you for all the wonderful responces they were helpful and let me know that you too have many of the same issues. I'm looking ofrward to trying new things, no if gorceries would just get cheaper. Yikes. Thank you again :)

I always visit kraftfoods.com for recipes. They are easy and prep time is minimal. I have a hard time cooking things that are edible and these recipes even I can make!!

I don't have any quick recipes but i love Rachel Ray. She has cookbooks for 30min meals. I would try and buy one of her books and see what you can find. it has some very good stuff in there. You can get them at Wal-mart or any Book store.

I know how you feel! I like to 'kabob' anything and everything on the grill. No heating up the house, no cleanup, and it's almost always is good! I get chicken breast and marinate it overnight in Italian dressing and grill it and it's delicious! It's good as grilled chicken on salad, or as kabobs or on rice. It's so easy and so good. People say grilled fruit is good too. For me, i'ts anything that doesn't heat up the kitchen!

Hamburger stroganoff - my family loves this one!!

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, minced fine (or dried onion is okay)

Brown beef with onion. Drain the grease.

Add:
1/4 cup (approximately) sour cream
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. beef bouillon
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Heat until warm. Serve over rice or noodles. (We prefer rice because it's less slippery, but noodles taste great too.)

That's it! It only takes about 10-15 minutes to make :) This recipe feeds about 4 people.

Good luck with your cooking!

Oh - if you feel you need to be more organized, try making yourself a chart once a week for your meals for the coming week (I usually just plan out lunch and dinner since our breakfasts tend to be cereal or eggs). Pull out your cook books or sit down with your allrecipes.com (or whatever site you like) and write down some recipes you've always wanted to try or some family favorites (don't forget to write the cookbook name and page number on your chart). Then when you grocery shop, you can buy the materials for all those meals in advance, so you can be flexible if you planned one meal but don't feel like it that day, you can just eat something you planned for a different day since you already have the ingredients.

J. B (momma of two ages 6 and 2 1/2)

i LOVE my slow cooker LOL i fix stew and stroganoff in it and my fam loves it

Stroganoff

2 lbs stew meat
1can cream of mushroom soup
cook 4hrs high 8 low
add 16oz sour cream before serving
serve over egg noodles,potatos,or rice

I am a personal chef that specializes with busy moms. I am a recent stay at home mom and I am starting my own business called Dining Divas. I can cook meals in a person's home than freeze them so all you have to do is thaw and reheat. I also provide instructional dinners parties so that I can educated women on simple recipes with a gourmet touch without having to go to expensive restaurants. Also this is a great way to entertain guests. My phone number is ###-###-#### if you have any questions.
A. von Eiff
Dining Divas

One of my friends gave me a great cook book called: "Great Fixes with Mixes". It basically takes pre-mixed/boxed foods and uses them in recipes. We love it and have recommended it to two other friends that love it also. Cheapest place I've found it is on ebay.

this is a fav. at my house...

one box "steak ums" philly steak slices
1 package brown gravy mix
2 cans sliced mushrooms
hoaggie rolls
shredded mozerella cheese

break frozen steak slices into 2 in. pieces and fry with drained sliced mushrooms...drain grease and prepair gravy as directed on package & add to meat/mushrooms & return to stove and stir until gravy is thickened. then prepair hoaggies like sloppy joes & top with cheese. it takes about 20 minutes to cook & serve....enjoy!!

There is a site, cafemom.com. There are several groups and 1 of them is crockpot moms. There are lots of cooking sites on there, but I like this 1 because it gives you menus and what you need for your shopping list. Just check the list against what you have on hand and you are ready to grocery shop. My email is ____@____.com, if you want I can invite you to join and I will need your email to do that. Just send that to me or you can go to to the site on your own like I did. I am grannymama13 on cafe.mom. Come be my friend.

1 / 3