*Tips on Grass/dirt Stains on White Baseball Pants*

I have an 8 yr old boy getting ready to start another season of baseball and I've already begun to dread the stains he'll get on his white pants. Usually I soak them in Biz but that didn't seem to cut it last season. I need some ideas of other products to use, no matter how wacky!

Well I've got some great responses, THANKS!!!! Our season starts next week so I'll keep everyone posted on what works best!

There's a few different things I think work. I've used oxy clean. I love Zout. And one, I can't remember it's name exactly, it's in the infant aisle. It's a white bottle with a pink label. It gets a lot of stains out plus the smell. I have heard of people dumping a can of coke in the washer. The acid dissolves stains. Or you could try pepsi, it actually has a higher acidity level than coke. If all else fails. There is plain ol' clorox bleach.

Available at craft stores (like Joann) - CARBONA Stain Wizard. www.carbona.com This stuff is really good.

OXYCLEAN!!! I love this stuff. It may not work on set in stains, but if you throw it in a bucket with water and the pants overnight by morning your sons pants should be good as new. It seems to be great for anything biological. Good luck.

I have an 8 year old with white ball pants again this season too. I use some stuff called Goop. It is about 99 cents at Wal-mart, but you will find it in the automotive section. It is for mechanics to wash their hands with. It is in a small round container and it is a white jelly-like stuff. I take it, wet the area, then I put this on there and rub the article together underneath the water. I have found it to cut almost anything and it is soo cheap. You can also buy the same kind of stuff at AutoZone and O'Reilly's. It doesn't say it is for clothing on the front of the container, but if you will read the back it has directions for removing stains on clothing. I Love it!! I don't dread those white pants anymore. LOL. I also have a bleach pin for anything stubborn on whites. I put it on and let sit a couple of hours, then wash it by itself. It is good for those tomato based products like pizza sauce. Hope this helps.

a lot of times just straight rubbing alcohol takes stains right out. it works well on blood stains.

hope it helps..

I use only non-toxic products. For cleaning white baseball pants I would use Pre-spot and let them sit for an hour or so after spraying and rubbing a little to get the Pre-spot worked into the stain. Then I would run the washer with 1 oz of the Melapower, and 1 oz of the Melabrite. It works WONDERFULLY in hot or cold, my clothes last longer and i don't have to worry about allergens. ALSO it costs less than anything I have ever tried. the cleaning products are at www.saferforyourhome.com and you can see them there. I order them direct through the company. I have seen these products get out permanent marker, ink, paint, pipe glue, blood, etc--very easily and without damaging the clothes.

Oxyclean, Oxyclean, Oxyclean!!!!

Hi L....I love the laundry stain remover Zout. This product can remove fresh stains and set-in stains. It is mainly effective on tomato and oil-based stains but I have used it for a wide variety of stains with much success. Good luck.
W. Q

OXICLEAN! I love the stuff, it gets everything out. I get the huge bucket of Oxiclean powder at Costco for about 15 bucks and it lasts about 3 months or so doing laundry for a family of 5 (plus 2 dogs and their bedding).

I pretreat stains with Shout spray then put a scoop of oxiclean into the washing machine load along with my regular detergent and my kids clothes always come out stain free. There's rarely a time it doesn't get all the way out and a second treatment usually does the trick.

On anything white I also use a Clorox bleach pen and it makes it like new. It's great because the bleach is in a gel form so it doesn't spread and drip. You just dab it directly on the stain with the pen and wash after 15 min.

1 / 3