Tip Chiropractic Massage?

I recently got a Groupon for a massage in a chiropractic office. I know tipping is customary for "regular" massages, but in the few times I've been to a chiropractor, I treat it like a dr's office and never tip. What should I do in this case? I've never been here before and don't know if a chiropractor or masseuse will be doing the massage. What do you think?

It's probably a massage therapist in the office so I would tip and at the full price it would have been, not the discounted price.

I just got a medical grade massage at a chiropractor's office & it was performed by a massage therapist, so I did tip.

Yes, tip! It will be a massage therapist doing the work.

I just had a massage yesterday at the chiro's office and almost died because I walked out and forgot to tip her. I turned the car around and drove back to give her her tip. And yes, tip on what would have been the actual amount not the groupon amount.

A certified massage therapist should always be used for a massage(masseuse is an older term associated at least for me as one who is not certified and also may perform other favours ewww), anyway I would contact the office through which you do chiropractic as many are different and will let you know if the therapist is getting a "living wage" or a service wage. A living wage means they earn at least minimum wage and a service wage means the office almost expects you to tip and they keep most of the money and yet others charge a fee and pay a "rent" for space back to the office. Find out which yours is, while you don't need to know specifically what they earn it is a guidline of whether the actual person putting in the labor is getting compensated. As always if you feel someone deserves a tip give it to them, but if you are using a coupon(groupon) and getting an extreme discount, both the office and therapist are seeing a reduced revenue to entice you to become a permanent patient/customer. They can't ask for a tip, but if you do receive a good massage a tip for that kind of physical labor is a reward and if you return they will remember and give you good service in the future, they may also remember if you did not.

Usually it's a massage therapist and tips are never expected, always appreciated!

I was once told by someone that specifically worked in a Chiropractic office that you are NOT suppose to tip. it's considered a medical office and therefore, you don't do it..
In that case, I also noticed that they had a sign up that said, although they appreciate our patron's business, there is no tipping allowed in the office. Now, I don't know if this is specific to doctor's offices or the idea that they wanted to keep it as professional and doctor like as possible and hence, no tipping..

I don't think it is expected there. I give my masseuse a gift card at Christmas.

As a massage therapist who used to work in a chiropractic office, probably a little more than half the people gave me tips when they just came in to receive a massage. I never expected a tip, but it is always appreciated.

1 / 3