Tiny White Hairs (Almost like Threads) in Breast

I've noticed these small white hairs in my breast (more so under the nipple) that when I pull them they simply come out. If I pull on the small hair itself after pulling it out it turns into several more really small pieces sometimes, and other times the little hair will simply break in half after I have pulled it. It seems to be thicker than a normal hair around the breast. Also it seems almost every time I pull one out there is a normal hair in place of the white thig I pull out! I looked it up online and found this link http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=2007081323391... of another women that noticed the same thing. Even if you yourself haven't noticed will you look and see if you have these? I have a few on the sides of my breast but like I said they are mainly found on my breast under the nipple (not on it). If anyone has any idea what these are I would love to hear!! Thanks!!

They are most likely absolutely normal growth of "peach fuzz" and hormonally related, but still, just in the interests of being totally thorough, pull one and examine it under a microscope. If it looks like it's actually a bunch of fiberglass-like filaments woven together, it's Morgellon's Disease which is a very big problem (Google "Morgellons Breast" to see an example on YouTube). If it's a hair, you're just fine.

I feel better now, I'm not the only one!

I have the same thing and as I've had 2 kids and a breast reduction I was very concerned... I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one! I was worried I had cancer or something.

I have them too! I have wondered what they were. I would love to learn more.

I've had them every since I can remember, even before having my son. I don't think its a medical concern, but I've never really thought about researching or asking what it is. I just assumed I wasn't the only one.LOL.. I try to just ignore them, their blonde, so not to noticable. Because once I start pulling, I'm pulling for hours. Let me know if you find out what it is or why it is. Have a good day! Your not alone....

I only really noticed I had these after having my first child. I wonder if it has anything to do with women who breastfeed, or just mothers in general?? I breastfed for a year, and now I have an 8 week old that I plan to breasfeed the same amount of time. I'm almost positive it is nothing bad, I'm just as curious as you though. If I start looking for one then I am pulling them out forever! LOL

I was wondering the same thing! I have these tiny white feather looking hair they pull out of the skin painlessly but they are for sure attached into the skin! I literally thought I was growing feathers! But they are so tiny and it's not like normal hair that grows on your body... I seem to have them growing out of the stretch marks on my breads I do have a 3 year old and I did breast feed her for a year. Does that have anything to do with this? I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this. But I also heard that people who are malnourished can start downing? Getting small white feather like hair? I tried to look it up but haven't been successful. Am I mal nourished? Or why is this happening to me? If anyone finds out more info please pass it along

Wow! That website link was completely unhelpful! :) I know exactly what you are describing and I went there hoping to find an explanation. What you described was easy enough to understand. In fact, I would almost describe them as feather-like. I get them also on my belly near my stretch marks. They have been there for years and years. I am pretty sure this is normal, though I am surprised there is not more information available about this. I am interested to see how many other women have this.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

breast hair