Tiny White Bumps on 5 Yr Olds Cheecks

hi there... does anyone else have little white bumps on their childs cheeks? they aren't filled w/anything... i run my fingers on the cheek and can feel the little bumps. they almost look like white heads. He gets this sometimes on the top part of his arms too.

He gets eczema on occasion, not bad anymore... but you can't use that stuff on your face

?????
thanks

Doesn't sound as much like KP to me but more like molluscum contagiosum. My boys had it a couple years ago and had to be treated by a dermatologist cause it can spread and takes months and sometimes years to clear. It's worth doing a search online and finding out more about it.

Keratosis Pilaris - http://www.keratosispilaris.org/

My 5 year old son get them in the exact same place in the winter months. His don't itch or bother him and the dr told me that it is from lack of sunlight.

S.,
My boys sometimes get what looks like prickly heat but not red. I use my facial cleaner on them. Not the oxyclean type, but like Olay pore redefining cleanser. I'm not sure why they get it. I have used stronger stuff on my teenager's arms but I always follow up with sunscreen. Again the kind that I use so it doesn't clog the pores.

~K.

Yep sounds like KP. Check out the websites on it. It doesn't go away but will get better at times.

Yep KP. My daughter has it too onthe back of her arms and the sides of her face. Our doctor told us she should be using Avenno soap and lotion. It is more expensive than I normally would have bought, but I noticed a huge difference when she used in consistant. Needless to say she uses it daily and a year later we still notice it a lot less. From time to time, she will get more bumps, but the soap and lotion helps.

Yeah, sounds like Keratosis Pilaris.

1 / 3