Thistle Plant Prickers in Childs Foot: Help!

my son stepped on one of those prickly weeds (thistles i think they are called). Anyway, my hubby was able to get most the prickers out and he was screaming... we soaked his foot in warm water. Today it looks like there's 4/5 red 'angry' spots on the side of his foot we missed. I can't really see them... the skin is swollen there. He screams and even w/2of us he doesn't want us to even look at it. We DID let me soak his foot though. I think these things w/push themselves out (they are so tiny). any ideas? i thought about aloe? Should i go to the Dr? He's 3

Try drawing salve with a band-aid over it. Drawing salve will get any thistle that remains in your little one foot and it also draws any infection out at the same time. Is available at any pharmacy department, Walgreens, Wal-mrt, Osco, etc. It really works. I recently had a small sliver in my finger I could not get out and the drawing salve done the job for me.

Check out this web site. http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-drawing-salve.htm

Do you wax your leggs? Try that incase any of the prickers are still there. It is safe and less painful to use. I saw them do it for cactus pickers. Keep soaking his foot in warm water. I would use a no ouch wash.

Try putting a paste of Espom Salts on it. You can find it at any pharmacy and it's supposed to draw out stingers and splinters and the best thing is it doesn't sting. Good luck. I remember when my son was about that age and got a bunch of splinters in his foot. I had to sit on him to pull them out and it was horrible!!

Vasaline works as a drawing agent too. I always use that on hard to get out slivers.

Black salve. It is a natural drawing salve that will draw anything out. You can buy it @ Wal-mart or any pharmacy. Just ask the pharmacist.

Believe it or not, duct tape. We had the same problem with our kids. We put duct tape on the spot and pulled it off...with all the thorns! After we put triple antibiotic cream on. It cleared up in no time.

1 / 3