This Pregnancy Is Different So Far

Hello Mamas,
My husband and I are so blessed to be expecting our third child in early July. Mamasource was so helpful to me in giving me advice regarding when I might be ovulating and so I have another question for all of you moms out there. For those of you who have more than one child, particularly both a boy and a girl, I am wondering if your pregnancies were noticably different. With both of my girls, I had morning sickness from about 6 weeks on, but this time, at 8 weeks, I still feel fine (and I am NOT complaining about that!) I am just curious if others experienced differences in each pregnancy. I had very similar pregnancies before and suspected with my second that I was having a girl since everything was so similar to the first pregnancy where we had a girl. I have heard that pregnancies with boys can be different than pregnancies with girls and I just wondered what everyone's experiences were. Thanks so much!
Rachael

I had two girls before I had my boy. Although my pregnancies were each unique, the ones with my girls had many similarities. Compared to them, the pregnancy with my boy was completely different. My biggest differences were in the effects on my skin and hair.

I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

I have 3 girls and my Preg. with my 3rd was so differnt that I was convinced she was a boy. When I delivered a baby girl I was shocked...happy but shocked!

I have three boys and all three pregnancies were different, not just a little but very different!!! I was throwing up with one for 6 months and then gained a ton of weight. The next one I was only nauseas for a couple of weeks and only gained weight in the tummy (looked a basketball), then the third I was exhausted for 2 months and only a little nauseas and only gained 12 lbs. So all very different even though they were all boys!!!

Yes, my pregnancies were very different with daughter and my sons. I think it must be the hormone levels. With my daughter, I didn't want my husband to touch me. But with my sons, I was much more amorous! I also had evening queasy stomach and didn't like the smell of dinner cooking-yuck.
Best of luck,

R. -

I knew you'd get a ton of response to this. I have two boys and two girls - and four identical pregnancies. From the very first signs to the super swollen ankles at the end, I knew exactly what to expect at each stage. Didn't even buy an at- home pregnancy test for the last two. Just made an OB appointment and said "bring on the peanut butter!"

Congrats and good luck! L.

Congratulations!! I have three children and one on the way! My oldest is 8 years old, a boy. With him I had morning sickness EVERY day for the first three and a half months straight!! It was torture! And not just once a day, no, but up to about five times a day!! Everything I ate, smelled or even looked at, would make me vomit! I was so glad to get over that! My 7 year old daughter was a bit different. I had more nausea than anything. I had morning sickness, to where I actually vomited maybe twice through the whole pregnancy! With my third child, a 5 year old girl, I felt fantastic through the whole pregnancy! No vomiting, nausea, nothing!
Now with my current pregnancy, I am 16 weeks (due May 8, 2009 two days before Mother's Day), and it has been a toss up. For the first 8 weeks (sorry) I felt great. Approximately, 8-12 weeks, I literally just wanted to die! I was non-stop to the bathroom. I couldn't eat anything without it coming back up! That fase started to fade (thank GOD), and now I feel fine.

Good luck in your pregnancy, and have a load of fun when that baby comes!!
A.

Hello Mama!

I was prego with twins and never a minute of sickness or anything else. I just couldn't eat alot, put I did pee a lot (!) due to the pressure (even early on!!). Every pregnancy is different and I would just relish in the fact that you are blessed with a new one on the way. Easy to say "no worries!". I only have boys, and just the twins...did I just say "just the twins????". They have been so delightful from the time they were in my belly, until now :)

I don't think this has helped you much but CONGRATS!!!!!!

I know that people say that boys and girls feel different, but don't get your hopes up that it will be a different sex. I had 2 girls and with the first one I was sick all day for the first three months. With the second I was only sick one weekend. I thought for sure the second was a boy because of the change, but it was another girl. Just a different experience.

i have two girls and we did not find out what we were having with both of them. my second pregnacy was so different from my first we were convinced it would be a boy. but it was a girl. someone once told me that because your body is different now and you are a different age that is why the pregnancy was different. they say you carry boys different than girls but in my case that didn't work either becasue every one thought i was having a boy with my first becasue of the way i carry.

Thank you SO much for writing this!! I am also 8 weeks and finding it hard to believe Im really pregnant because I have no symptoms at all this time around. With my daughter I couldnt stand the meat section at the grocery store, was very nasaus, and the other regular symptoms. This time NOTHING. Its very reassuring to read about other mama's that had no symptoms and everything turned out just fine :)

Congratulations on your upcoming little one :)

1 / 3