Things to Do with In-laws

I have my husband's father and his wife coming to visit Oct. 1st. My husband is unable to get much time off work so I'm left to entertain them. They are in their late 70's but still very mobile and active. Any suggestions in keeping them busy in the Plano area?

Thanks to everyone for such good advice on entertaining my in-laws. I had over a dozen replies. I read them all to them and they choose going to downtown Dallas to the Kennedy Musuem. They loved it! Then I fed them lunch at the Spaghetti Warehouse. Thanks again!!

The flight museum at Love Field in Dallas is very, very neat. We just went to a party there and thought it is a really nice, small museum.

These aren't in Plano, but they are some fun day trips --

The Nasher Sculpture Center across from the Dallas Museum is a huge favorite of my mother-in-law. Also, the Kennedy Museum near the West End.

The State Fair will also be going on and there are loads of exhibits including a butterfly enclosure this year.

Go to guidelive.com too and look at some of the info there -- they have all the fall festivals listed.

Have fun!

You can take them to Allen Outlet Mall, its fun and you can walk around. Or Mckinney town square, they have lots of fun little shops and this place that you can eat at called The Pantry - and its OFF THE HOOK yummie!!

Oh Yummy!! I went to THE PANTRY everyday last year when I was on jury duty. GREAT food. Also....if you have kids...Herbie's Fountain in McKinney on the square area is great as well.

My mom loves to shop. The outlet mall and other area malls were a hit for us.

It's not in Plano, but the State Fair is in town!

The Arboretum is great for all ages. You might want to pack a picnic lunch, we found the food options limited and overpriced, especially for kids.

The Dallas Arboretum will be a beautiful place to spend a nice morning or afternoon:

http://www.dallasarboretum.org/

We often take out of town guests there of all ages. Enjoy their visit!
Warmly,
A.

Hi There
My in-laws enjoyed seeing all the tourist type places like South Fork Ranch. (they do tours) We also went to the World Aquarium in Dallas. In October, the Owens Farm in Richardson has a pumpkin patch and little museum they might enjoy. We set up an appointment and had photos of them made with the baby. They LOVED that. Enjoy their visit.

1 / 3