The Best Choice for Mosquito Repellent for a Toddler with Sensitive Skin

We have so many so many mosquitoes in our yard and I get nervous about having my daughter 16 months old daughter out there. I get bad reactions to any kind of insect bites and I get bites all the time, and she got bit couple times too and one of them was pretty bad where it bled. We both have sensitive skin and I don't know what would be the best thing to use that we can use often. I did hear that Avon's Skin So soft is good, but is that ok for toddlers with sensitive skin and if so, which one do I get since there are couple different ones?
I would appreciate any suggestions! Thank you!

Have you tried Tea Tree Oil? I totally understand about sensitive skin as I'm allergic to a lot of different products but the tea tree works fairly well. I use it on my 16 month old and she has yet to get bit by mosquitoes (knock on wood). You can pick up a bottle at pretty much any drugstore, pharmacy or even walmart fairly cheap. It just takes a few drops (back of the neck, wrists and ankles works for my daughter).
It does smell kinda earthy but it works. Hope this helps
F.

F.

I've heard this product is good:

http://www.gardensalive.com/product.asp?pn=8795

His site has lots of good advice! He's an organic gardener, so you know it's not harmful.

Hi! I would check your local health food store for a natural bug repellant. It could be the chemicals in the products causing the reaction on your daughter's skin. There are several brand names available, and they all use ingredients like citronella and lemongrass. I bought some for my hubby and I before we had our daughter, because we didn't want to use chemicals and we hate the smell of commerical bug repellants. These actually smell really good! (I feel like it relaxes us all a little too, like aromatherapy) If you don't have a health food store close to you, there is a brand called JASON that I found at BabiesRUs stores. I spray it on my 10 month old daughters clothing instead of directly onto her skin. I also spray it on or around whatever she is playing on at the time and it seems to work well. No bug bites yet! Another good way to cut down on the amount of mosquitos in the yard is to buy an electric bug zapper. Good luck!

Hello Jin,
I have been using the Avon stuff on my kids and they are toddler's.It works great and never had any bad results from using it on them.I think it is safer then them getting bite's all over them.

Good luck H.

Plant citronella plants around your yard - you'd be surprised how much it helps! We have them horribly at our house and I planted several plants and actually saw a difference. Also - I used those yard sprays that you attach to your hose. They are fine for kids/pets, etc. And yes, Avon SSS does work well, and they have kids versions with PABA free SPF also. Good luck.

California baby is great! But i have also used Burts Bees Herbal Insect Repellent. Take a look at there website, they list all the ingredients so you can make the best educated decision.

Plus they also have a bug bite relief, which may be worth a try.
Good Luck in your search,
A.

http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Catego...

Hey Jin, I use to live down south and we were surrounded by mosquito's. What I have found out that works is the Avon products. They do have skin so soft but they also sell an actual bug guard. Good luck

There is an insect repellent called repell that is sold at Babies R Us and other stores. It has a green label. It is designed for kids and is very good. It smells kind of like citronella. I've found it to be very effective and it's formula is good for sensitive skin. I also used to sell Avon and skin so soft is safe for little people, too. Pretty much the only difference between the different types is the scent. The pink one smells like baby powder. I hope that helps!

1 / 3