Thank You Gift Ideas for Coach

My son is just about to finish up his first year of t-ball. He's had two wonderful coaches who've been very patient and who taught the game very well. I'd like to get them both a thank you gift. Does anyone have any unique ideas for a gift?

Thanks for the suggestions. We ended up getting the coaches gift certificates along with thank you cards signed by us and our son. Thanks!

My husband has coached both of our oldest daughter's basketball teams for 4 years. Our favorite gift has been gc's for dinner and a movie. Even though he is the coach, his service takes both his time and my time...he does it, I'm the backbone for it. It's so nice to be treated to a date night out after all the work, time and effort. One step further, I'd love it if one of the parents volunteered to babysit!

When I coached my daughter's soccer team, the whole team pitched in a got me a gift certificate to dinner somewhere. They said because it takes so much time and effort to be a coach they would give me a night out to relax. They also gave me a card signed by each child. It was great!

I'm a sucker for photos, so I do a lot of photo gifts--personalized stamps, mug, books, calendars.
If you have a nice team picture, try kodakgallery.com or shutterfly.com or even walmart.com and you can make a photo into a nice gift.

my husband has coached for years, before ours were even born...his most appreciated gifts have been gift certificates or homemade treats. while photos in frames are nice, there's only so much room in a house or office to display them. gift certificates to sports stores (because yes, he has on occasion, put forward his own money for equipment) or a restaurant are probably the best. If you want to limit the $$, a heartfelt thank you note is all that's needed.

1 / 3