Thank You Gift for NICU Nurses - Minneapolis,MN

Hi Mamas,
Baby is scheduled to come home tomorrow after 3 1/2 weeks in the NICU. I was thinking it would be nice to bring something small as a thank-you to all the nurses who have cared for her, but I can't think what. Flowers or cookies/baked treats come to mind, but would those be an allergy issue? Does anyone have another idea for something that would really be appreciated?
Sara

How about a fruit basket? They have ones that you can order that the fruit is cut into flower shapes.

Hi!
After having our baby in the NICU we also felt like sending something to thank the nurses who cared for her. I chose to send an Edible Arrangement. Not sure if you have heard of them but they are really pretty fruit flower arrangements! The nurses raved about it! It was really pretty and healthy too! Check out their website at www.ediblearrangements.com

My little guy was in the NICU for 6 weeks. I went to Bath and Body Works Outlet and bought a ton of hand lotions and put them into a pretty basket, then took one of our birth announcements and wrote a general thank you to all the nurses to tuck into the basket (because of the shifts, I wasn't able to give all the gifts personally). I think it went over really well! Nurses are washing their hands so much, I thought it was a good idea. :) Plus, no worries of allergies!

I'm a nurse we love photos, thank you notes with personnel names of who impacted you and food is alway good.
from candy, dessert or regular food....

What a sweet thing to think of! I have a friend who is a NICU nurse @ Children's hospital here in Milwaukee & I asked her opinion.

She said food is ALWAYS appreciated, cookies, fruit trays, etc.

Additionally, if you wanted to offer a special thank you gift to the primary nurse that cared for your baby, there are figurines I believe called Willow Tree, they look like carved wood. Many different ones to choose from, & lots focus on angels & babies in the arms of caregivers.

Congratulations on your baby's homecoming!!

Gift cars for store like Michaels or Craft Wherhouse. They make things for the families so this would come in handy.
Also Bath and Body stre items or gift card. You are so lucky your baby came home, my grandson went to Heaven.

Being a nurse myself, we never expect anything as a gift. That being said, we sometimes do receive things from patients and their families. I would recommend writing a nice card. Baked goods really go a long way. If your worried about allergies, just do an assortment of some kind. We see cookies, bars, donuts, kringles, and sometimes pizza. Otherwise assorted candies are big. Hope this helps!

I am not sure where you are located but my sister-in-law is a nurse in Fargo, ND and she says when a patient gives you chippers (chocolate covered potato chips) you knew you were important :)

What about a fruit arrangement from Edible Arrangements? They make gorgeous "flower" arrangements out of fresh fruit. They have several different styles and use many different kinds of fruit. We had one for our wedding rehearsal dinner and it was a huge hit!

1 / 3