Thank You Cards from 3 Year Old

My daughter just celebrated her 3rd birthday, and I'm looking for creative ideas for thank you notes. She hasn't mastered tracing yet, but I'd like to do something from her -- not a note that I write and she "signs". I welcome any ideas!! Thanks!

How about letting her decorate the paper you will use to make the note. A good idea for decorating is to use child safe paints and let her use them to make hand prints on the paper. This gives the receiver a special memento of the size and age of the child. Grandparents love this as later on they can show their grand kids how small their hands were later on in life.

My son just celebrated his third BDay and I had to do things different since he doesn't like to draw like my daughter does. She always paints/colors/etc original cards on cardstock and then I write the not inside. She tells me which card is going to which person. For my son however I did his hand print on a regular sized piece of paper, than I wrote the note and he put his stickers on it to decorate a little more. That way he was still part of the process.

Have fun.

How about putting her hand print on there with craft paint? Then you can write whatever message and her name under the print. That way is something personal from her. Hope this helps.

These are all great ideas! If you don't want to do a picture, I always use the wrapping-paper that the gift came in, cut into little squares as a collage. My little ones love to glue so that's how we do art for the first few years. Also, handprints or hand outlines serve as signatures inside the cards. I usually cut out the words "thank you" from actual thank you notes and put them in with the cut up squares. The kids love it and they are gorgeus cards!

Stamps and stickers! Fun, easy, and only slightly messy!

I write the person's name at the top and then thank you in the body. my son tries to write his name but then he will try and draw a picture of himself using the gift and then he'll put stickers on it relating to the gift. His buddies, all around the same age, really enjoyed their cards!

Maybe you could have her color a special picture that you use as the actual card, and then you could write the words?
A.

My youngest turned 1 a few weeks ago...I picked out a really good snap shot taken at the party and I made a greeting card. (Like the ones you get at Christmas time with the picture on it and HAppy Hoildays on the side or bottom or whatever) So the greeting card had her 'birthday picture' on it and below it said 'Thank You for making my 1st birthday so very special. Love, Mary Kathryn October 5, 2007' So then the guests have a pic of her on her special day too. Very easy and very cheap. Shutterfly, wishflash, snapfish, and even walmart does all kinds of things like this.

A paint handprint is Always adorable!!

How about taking a picture of her holding a card that says "Thank you" and using the pictures as her thank you card. You could mail those to everyone and then they also get a picture of your daughter. Hope you like the idea.

Warmly,

Warmly,
C. Birmley
Unit Leader of the Firecrackers
PartyLite Consultant
###-###-#### cell

My friend has her daughter hold a sign that says "Thank You" and takes a picture of her. She then turns the photo into postcards and mails them to all the guests. It's very cute!

"My son never gets sick anymore. Hallelujah!"
www.GoodHealthMadeSimple.com

1 / 3