Test Is Positive... Turned Immediately at 4 Weeks? Could It Be Twins?

Took a pregnancy test (actually 7 of them) on Friday, all positive. I was just 3 days passed my missed period. It turned positive immediately. Some friends told me this could mean the hormone level is high and it could be twins? My ultrasound/1st dr. appt is not until Sept 9 (they want to wait 8 weeks at least)... so I'm wondering (slightly freaking out) until then. Any thoughts ladies???
This is planned (went off the pill in July, and several weeks later show up pregnant.) Maybe not planned this fast (took 9 months to get pregnant with my son), but completely thrilled. But nervous/excited/freaked out about the possibility of twins? What do you think?

Thank you all for your comments!!! I will remain completely excited, regardless of one or two babies! Just praying that it is healthy... my #1 concern! And can't wait to share the news with family/friends. Thanks.

Sorry but a fast + does not mean you are having twins. But it is a good sign that you have a keeper. We have been trying for over 2 years now and I post on support groups and us ladies have tried every test out there,lol.

I don't think that just because you got a postive right away you are pregnant with twins..sorry if that disappoints you.
I took early pregnancy tests with my second and it was positive and it wasn't even one of those 5 days early tests. All of my pregnancies I tested the day I missed my period and they were all positive and I never had twins. Don't freak out...you could be preggo with twins but you can't count on a pregnancy test to tell you that.

I tested positive before my missed period and it was not twins. I don't think it indicates twins, just a high HCG level, which means your baby is probably stuck in there good!
However, I had lots of bleeding (8 weeks, 10 weeks, 23 weeks) with my son and went to the hospital each time. He was delivered at 38w 1d due to blood pressure and potassium issues with me.

I just re-read and saw you just went off the pill. This might be a false positive. I had one of those the month before I actually did get pregnant. It was before my missed period as well.

I took one the day before my period was supposed to come and it turned positive immediately and I'm definitely not having twins!

I've never heard about a quick pregnancy result meaning twins. I was 3 days past my missed period (same as you) took a pregnancy test and it said I'd have results in 3 minutes but it came up positive in 30 seconds. I only had 1 beautiful big boy. I don't think you have anything to freak out about unless twins run in either side of your families. But the quickness of the reading of the test I would think has nothing to do with the indication of having twins. Congratulations on the addition to your family! :-)

Nah, I wouldn't necessarily worry about twins. I tested either a day before or a day after my period was due with my daughter and it immediately turned positive.

Just make sure you are eating well, staying hydrated, taking those prenatals and all those good things pregnant mommies are supposed to do!

Congrats!

hehehe!!! i wouldn't freak out! i got preggo that first month off of pills with both of my boys. and i got a quick positive reading a few days before my period was due too...both single baby pregnancies (phew!!).

good luck trying to stay calm until that first u/s!

I don't have any answers for you but Congratulations! I believe that once you are pregnant you will register positive on any test, I have never heard of the timing being a factor of twins. Positive pregnancy = positive test.

1 / 3