Temperature in a 2 1/2 Year Old?

My kid is 2 1/2 year old she is been 101.8 all nigth, I gave her tylenol and motrin in between but she still has temperature that as been 9 hours allready, I took her a bath and she still with same temperature, should I take her to the ER?

I took her to her pediatrician, first thing in the morning,he said it is an infection,but she is much better thanks everybody for your help and coments

No, just give her Tylenol every 4 hours and if she is not better then make a doctor appointment. The doctors don't consider 101.8 that high really but you may need to find out what is causing the temperature. Don't panic and she doesn't need in the bathtub, etc. to bring it down. Get fluids down her, water is best, and then call the doctor and see if they think she should be seen.

My 2.5 year old has a 103 temp all night. He so far is not complaining, so I have not thought to bring him in. Most likely a virus. I gave him some Tylenol last night when he woke up crying and was super hot, so he could sleep better. I am not giving him Tylenol today as he will rest more if he feels sicker.

If you have not done so already, call your doctor immediately! While a fever is the bodies way of fighting a virus or infection, one that is staying that high with Tylenol and Motrin needs medical attention.

1 / 3