Teething vs Puking

Did anyone have a teething infant that would sometimes puke up there formula or food?

My daughter is "teething" from my doctor, but she has never puked while cutting teeth. This is the third time in a week she has puked. She has no fever and acts fine after puking. Could this be teething? Is there anyone else that has experienced this?

Thank you so much for your responses.
E.

While teething my daughter would throw up every third day like clockwork. I took her to the Doc and he told me it was teething. I thought it was weird but apparently it is perfectly normal. As long as they aren't constantly puking I would not worry about it.

Both of my daughters did the same thing! It's so strange, because they will just throw up at the most random times - in the car is the worst! What I think we narrowed it down to was that when they are teething, they are producing more acid - it goes to their bellies and just curdles and makes them throw up. Unfortunately, I never found anything that would help with this. I would say limit the dairy products? My girls also got constipated while teething, rather than the common diarrhea - strange things happen when these teeth come in! Good Luck!

My lo will sometimes accidentally gag himself with his fingers, which he is chewing on because he is teething. It has definitely happened to us!

As you have probably seen they drool like crazy when they are teething. So, they are swallowing more saliva and this upsets their stomach.

definately... totally normal. Ella has thrown up with her molars. She didn't throw up with her front teeth. I've found that if I giv her a banana or cereal before bottles she takes less milk and seems to throw up less. Good luck.

Well teething can make them do all kinds of crazy things. It makes their tummies upset and they just don't feel good at all. I wouldn't be surprised if she did. I would just keep an eye on her and make sure she is getting plenty of fluids, if there starts to my more throughtout a 24 hour period then I would start becoming a little more concerned. Other than that anything is possible, W.

1 / 3