Teething and Fevers

My daughter is almost 6 months old and has been running a fever of 100.7 for the last 2 days. I called the doctor, he doesn't believe that a fever and teething are related. Yet, he won't see her until tomorrow. Has anyone had any experience with teething and fevers?

M.,
Both my boys had fevers with ALL the new teeth. I found that infant's motrin works better than tylonol for the fever and gum pain. My boys also got horrible diaper rashes when cutting teeth. (those were the Only times they got rashes). Do not give baby cool baths, ecspecially if fever is over 101 degrees, this can send baby into shock. Just strip her down to a onesie, and keep a light blanket over her. Unless she's showing other signs of illness, a doctor's visit probably isn't nessasary. Good luck, growing teeth is hard work for baby and mommy.

Teething and fevers are related. All 3 of my children ran fevers when they were cutting teeth. I would give my children a teething ring to chew on and some infant tylenol to help. I would still see the doctor though just in case that it is not from her teeth and something else. Yes teething can cause fevers.

I am 31. I have been married going on 12 yrs. this Nov. and my husband and I have 3 boys ages 10,7 and 4.

I have been told that teething and fevers are very common. my 19 month old twin girl got a temp of 105.6 with teething and we spent the night in the hospital until it went away for good. This was recently. (She was getting all her molars at one time). :( Now her twin brother and her 4 year old sister have never had a temp when teething.

My daughter's doctor (30 years ago) said the same thing. Runny nose and fever have nothing to do with teething. Once the tooth came in the runny nose and fever went away. Since sinuses and teeth are in the same general area, how can they say the runny nose and fever have nothing to do with it?

Anyway, I didn't listen to him, I used Orajel for babies and Tylenol and we got through it.

My mother told me that I had such a terrible time with teething that my gums turned black. Someone told her to rub a silver spoon over my gums and the tooth would pop through. She did and it worked or it was just time for it to pop through, don't know which!

M.,

this site is run by a couple that has a "ministry" for families.

they also have herbal remedies

http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/index.php?id=1

My son always ran a fever with teething. It always stayed below 100.5. He also got diarrhea, BAD. I think every child is different.

my daughter ran fever with teething her doctor says it's normal. He also says diaherra can be normal with teething. Good luck

Yes, and all my friends have as well. Fever, runny nose, diarrhea, lack of interest in eating/drinking, problems sleeping, etc. The only explanation for these things sometimes is new teeth.

My daughter had fevers with her teething but as long as the fever is under 102 it's ok. It just means it's fighting the infection. But most doctors don't believe that fevers and teething go together just like they don't think diahrea(sp?) and teething go together either!

Have you tried baby orajel or get a snow cone machine and when the baby eats the cone the ice will help to numb it.
Hope it helps.
Mamaw 3

1 / 3