Teething!!

My 12 month old is teething! Need I say more! :-) The problem is I have exhausted all my 0ptions as far as relieving her pain. My first born didn't seem to have this much trouble with teeth. Honestly, my 12 month old has seemed to have teeth come in with out too much trouble until now. I have tried everything from teething tablets to frozen things(yes and everything imaginable in between), from Tylenol to Benadryl. Nothing is working. So, I guess what I'm asking is....does any one else know any good tricks that I might have not thought of yet? I mean I'm not new to teething...but I'm out of ideas, so does any one have any others?
Thanks so much!
~A.

Have you tried humphry's tablets you have to ask the pharmasict for it but it was a life saver for me. Also they have that new net thing that you can put fruit in, if you freeze the fruit almost solid and let her chew on it sometimes (not always) it helps. so good luck and try to just be patient.

C. (mom of 4)

This may sound weird, but my daughter is teething as well and a friend of mine who grew up in Mexico told me to try giving her a chilled green onion to chew on (you know, the long skinny ones...) Anyway, Ive also tried a few options and this one is helping. Her breath doesnt smell so great afterwards, but she is happier and thats all that matters, right? It also helps that we brush her teeth afterwards as well...Hope this helps!

C. (mom of 4)

Hey A. C

When my kids were smaller and teething, I tried an oldd trick that my mother used and it worked great. Try dipping your finger in some whiskey, and rub it on her gums, it will numb her gumbs. I know that it sounds funny using alcohol on a child, but my mother did and I used it as well and it worked wonders. I hope that this helps.

O.k. i so feel your pain lol. what i am going to suggest may seem very strange to you but it really works. my youngest had trouble teething due to her disabilities she couldnt eat solids to break through her teeth. while i was at an "adult" passion party i heard that anal ease works for teething. i laughed but figured at this point it was worth a shot. im so glad i did. it made both of our lives much easier. try it. good luck

My aunt told me to freeze green onions, I never tried it because the teething tablets worked for Cadence.
But if you haven't tried by now??
It might be worth it?

I've never tried this, but my mom did it for myself and my brother and sister when we were teething and she says that it works well. She put a necklace with a piece of copper on it, long enough to chew on. I would be a little hesitant to put a necklace on a baby, so maybe on the wrist or something, just make sure it is not sharp and really secured.

I have seen homeopathic chamomile do wonders. You should be able to find it at your local health food store.

Hello,

I have a 16 month old that just broke 4 molars at once. That was a lot of fun. But we got through it with Bananas from the fridge, not the freezer. Sam hated anything that was frozen, but if it was just cold, and she could suck on it she was happy. Don't know if that will help, but it got us through. Didn't know that being cold and being frozen made a big difference in my daughter, but it sure did.
~L.

1 / 3