Teething - Clinton Township,MI

Updated on July 22, 2007
N.K. asks from Clinton Township, MI

My 8 1\2 month old is teething. I give baby oragel, motrin for the pain(which helps alot), freeze a washcloth, have an assortment of teething rings, comfort her when it's really bad, but I feel that she still seems miserable. Does anybody have any suggestions that helped them along the way. And have some of you experienced your baby not as hungry when they are teething? My daughter at times will not eat. She always had no problem going to sleep and staying asleep since she's been 2 months old. Now that she's teething she gets up frequently and she has had her motrin and is still irritable. I would love the suggestions. Thanks!

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Detroit on

biter biscuts rock my daughter loved them she could chew on them and they helped her a lot plus they're food you can find them in the baby isle also maybe try a frozen waffle edible and it helps

answers from Grand Rapids on

My Doc says oragel is a waste of $$. The motrin should help a little. My sis-in-law liked those teething pills everyone else suggested. I personal breezed through teething, she didn't get her fist till a week before her 1st b-day.

answers from Benton Harbor on

Hi N.~
My baby is 6.5 months and teething. He usually sleeps/eats like a pro but when his teeth are bothering him he gets all messed up. Its miserable when you are in it but it WILL get better and she will go back to the eating/sleeping habits you are used to...just stick with it and try to keep her routine the same as much as you can. I know it's heartbreaking to see your little one miserable!! ~L.

answers from Lansing on

My son is almost 14 months old and everytime he teeths he gets VERY clingy and his nose runs. Like so clingy that I can't put him down ALL DAY. I too am a stay at home mom and after everything I have tried I have just given in to him and what he needs which is me. I have gotten lucky he cuts multiple teeth at a time. He has cut one then one then two then four and he is now cutting another four. I give him tylenol. His does seem to loose his appetite as well. So I will try to give him cold things that feel good on his gums. I am preggers again so this time around is EXTREMELY demanding. But we get through and it also helps to have a routine and schedule to try to stick too so that way I can look forward to my breaks. I love my son VERY much but I also LOVE my break times. I would try to keep her mind off it as much as possible mayby just give her lots of extra attention and let her know that you know she is hurting and it will get better. I talk to my son all the time and tell him it will get better and I know he is in pain lots of hugs and kisses and I also try to distract him from the pain as well by playing EXTRA with him and trying new ways to make him laugh. It is rather exhausting I know and also mingd boggling to keep trying to come up with new inventive ways to play especially being a stay at home mom because it is practically 24-7 but hang in there and know that this will pass. And try to take advantage of all the attention she wants from you now because soon enough she wont want anything to do with you. Good luck!!!

answers from Detroit on

I also use Hyland's Teething Tablets. I have only been able to find them at Rite-Aid. I have a 5 month old that gets just miserable when her teeth bother her. When she gets really cranky and keeps biting and chewing I give her a couple under her tounge (they do dissolve right away, I tried it first), and with in a few minutes she settles down.

answers from Detroit on

teething tablets by hylands - hands down the best and can be used in conjunction with tylenol and motrin at night (well thats whaen i used it on all my kids)

Next question: Teething