Teething - Bedford Hills,NY

my 9 mnth old is teething. can anyone recommend a safe (perhaps notmade in China) teething ring for him to chew on?

My kids never liked those things. EVER. I've heard take a face cloth wet it and stick it in the fridge. That works. Plus the face cloth will suck up all the slobber.

I froze damp washcloths in different shapes (long and twisted, square) and my son loved the different ways he could hold them and shove them in his mouth. Also, you don't have to worry about pieces coming off and choking. Good luck ~ teething lasts forever! My son is getting his 2 yr. molars!

I used a washcloth. Dampen a washcloth, put it in the freezer for 10-15 mins and my 3 kids loved it...

A frozen wash cloth was always a favorite - wet, squeeze out, and freeze a few for later! :)

thesoftlanding.com has safe teethers: http://www.thesoftlanding.com/bpafrte.html

they reviewed the giraffe a little while back and it got rave reviews (though expensive).

try nova natural toys http://www.novanatural.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.52/.f
they have some nice wooden ones. we have one. nice quality.

Try frozen fruit in one of those mesh feeders. Frozen bagels and whole adult carrots are great for them to pass the time with. Wet and freeze the pacifier for bed time. You can also research homeopathic teething tablets and see if that is a route you'd like to follow. Old school style, try a dab of whiskey if ll else is failing.There are also blankets made with 2 corners made just for gnawing, check this website and perhaps this might be an option for you. http://www.greatbabyproducts.com/Teething_Blanket_p/munc-...

Believe it or not, the silver rings work really well. Obviously, ones from Tiffany's are pricy, but I bought a silver plated rattle from Buy Buy Baby that my daughter gnaws on constantly. You could give one of those a try. HTH

I heard an herbalist speak at a Holistic Moms meeting. She recommended that you dip large gauze squares in chamomile tea, roll them up, and freeze them. I did this, and put them in a ziploc freezer bag. My 5 month old son liked them. I think you have to supervise, though, because they are not big like some of the teethers you find in the stores and there's a potential choking hazard. The chamomile is an anti-inflammatory. If you don't want to use the gauze, you could probably use a washcloth or dip one of those organic cotton teethers. If you're looking for something you can travel with, look for the Razberry silicone teether. I got one at Buy Buy Baby. It looks like a giant bumpy pacifier.It's made in China, but it's silicone, not plastic, so I think that means there are no issues with phthalates and BPA. www.rasbery.com is the website. At my shower I received a teether by a company called Baby King. Made in China, but label says "no phthalates." Also check websites like mommasbaby.com. There's a cloth string bean teether that they recommend.

Why don't you try one of those mesh bags for food, put a piece of frozen apple in the bag and let your child chew away!

you don't need a teething ring, just wet a washcloth with cold water, ring it out and give it to him.

1 / 3