Teacher Gift - Jacksonville, FL

I am desperate need for some ideas for a teacher gift for my daughters preschool teacher. To give you some background my little girl is 4 and autistic she goes to a wonderful class, where she has made amazing strides thanks to this teacher, my daughter is not returning to the autism program next year she is moving on to a regular class enviroment. I'm looking for a special way to show her teacher how much we love and appreciate everything she has done for us this year.

Thank-you everyone for your great ideas, we went with a crystal frame engraved with a beautiful fitting poem with a picture of her and my daughter together, and a gift card to a local resturant along with a letter letting her know how grateful we are. Thanks again E1

It's not sentimental, but I think one of the best gifts you can give anyone right now is a Gas Gift Card. I did it for Teacher Appreciation Week not long ago and it was a huge hit!

Hello, a great idea is a gift certificate for a pampering deep cleansing facial. I offer great facials with 15 years of experience and if you want to look up at my website please do so at:
www.beauvisageinc.com
or call me at ###-###-#### for any questions, you can come by the salon to pick a certificate or I can send it to you.

It really depends on what your budget it, but how about a beautiful small maple tree with a bow around the trunk and hanging from the branches, put a bunch of $5 gift cards, to Panera, Starbucks, the nail salon, the flower shop, the nursery, etc. Write a little poem with the idea in it that when your child was born, she was a healthy child and although her autism may have slowed her growth and development, her help and dedication has allowed her to grow faster than could have ever been expected and now she is ready to join the others. Tell her to remember everytime she looks at the tree that she is helping children grow. If she doesn't own a home to plant it, perhaps she can plant it at the school or a local park.

C.,

Have your daughter make some "art work" for her and get some beautiful frames to put them in. On the back, put a letter with a photo of your daughter letting her know how much she means to your family.

Take Care,

I agree that a card or picture your daughter makes is priceless. And I think a spa or movie gift certificate is a very nice touch also- something she can use to treat herself. You don't need to spend a fortune to show your appreciation- the card will likely be her favorite part. Do what you can comfortably afford.

You want something that comes from the heart. You could purchase some supplies for her classroom. Teachers pay for many of their supplies out of their own pockets. Think of some of the things that helped your child in her classroom. Not only would you be able to show your appreciation, but you would also be helping another child(ren) who come behind your daughter. If you are not sure what to get, you could ask some of the other teachers, or even ask her what she might need/want for the classroom that would benefit other autistic children. You yourself, know how hard it is with an autistic child. I hope this has helped!

R.

Dear C.,
I can understand why you would like to make a special gift for her teacher..... How about taking a candid picture of your daughter, (black and white) and make a picture frame (you can get a kit from Walmart or Target) then let your daughter write on the back her special message?
I think there is nothing more precious than a gift of "love" that is especially made for that special someone.
Hope you like the idea.
Let me know what you think (____@____.com)

check like wal marts and some of those places i've seen some really nice crystal gifts of that sort and the large kagaroo in my town about great teachers. there arew onderful teachers and im so glad your little girl has come so far. im hoping within a yr or two my autie angel will be in reg classes since she is now reading so well. we are working on math now. gl

Any gift you give will show your appreciation. Maybe something related to the field of autism like a book.

How about skipping the gift and just writing her a letter telling her? I've always heard that teachers get so many gifts that they just don't use. A heartfelt, well thought out letter, giving details of some of the specific ways she has helped your daughter, might be more meaningful. Sending a copy to her boss or supervisor would mean it could go into her personnel file at the school too. If you really want to give a gift, how about something for the teachers classroom; a speacial book or learning game, maybe, that she would be able to use to teach next schoolyear?

1 / 3