Teacher and Bus Driver Gifts

Our budget is tight this year like everyone elses. My son has 3 teachers in his class room and 3 different bus drivers. I want to get them all something to show how much we apprechiate them, not spend a lot and not look tacky and cheap at the same time. Help

I'm also a teacher. I while I love getting gift cards ($5 is ok by me). I'm quite content and happy with a homemade card. As a tea drinker, some tea bags also made me happy. The little knick knacks often get tossed at year's end - sorry!

You are thoughtful...how about a card and some baked goods for each and perhaps a game or supplies for his classroom. If you ask the teachers what they want/need they normally have a wish list of things they would like, but normally have to buy out of their own pocket.

Make something... an ornament or a magnet are good ideas. You can buy little wooden shapes at craft stores and have your little one paint it or put beads on them. and attach a magnet or a string. Or for the ladies there are little boxes he can paint, for change or jewelry.

My boyfriend is a bus driver and he appreciates the homemade cards (he keeps them all) and of course the homemade goodies. He loves being a bus driver. He is not a coffee drinker but enjoy hot cocoa so the hot cocoa idea some one else posted is a great idea. He has enough mugs however just something to put it would be great too. The most wonderful gift is a "thank you" after all it takes someone special to be a bus driver who gets up at 5 am to get to work by 6:30 am to get the bus warm for the kids and then watch them on the bus and drive at the same time. He gets home by 5 pm if the roads are good. So thank you for thinking of the bus drivers.

Have your kids make personalized Christmas ornaments. You can make them out of salt dough. You can also make snacks or the jar foods (like from the book Gifts in a Jar). Teachers like gifts that can be usable and practical. Food is always one. Cookies or candies are a great gift. This costs you more in time then money. It sometimes means more to receive a labor of love then a $25 gift that takes 5 minutes to get from a store. Plus the teachers don't have 25 mugs to figure out what to do with.

My sil is a teacher and has commented once that she has so much "stuff" for her past/present students that it doesn't mean much to her anymore, just another storage problem. HOWEVER, she loves it when they give her homemade cookies, candies, hot cocoa mix or friendship tea in disposable containers. She doesn't have a lot of time to make Christmas cookies and such, but really enjoys eating and sharing the ones she gets from her "kids".
Hope that doesn't sound to mean, but think about it. If she get 10 ornaments or trinkets every year for say 5 years, thats 50 things to store and display.
She also LOVES handmade cards and pictures the kids give her.
JMO,
R.

I would find out what kind of "want or need" list your teachers have for their rooms.
They can ALWAYS use paper towels, kleenix,extra supplies!!
When you have 25 or so kids in one room every day, they go through this stuff really fast, even when all the students supply them at the beginning of the year. By mid-year, this stuff starts dwindling. They DO NOT need another ornament, or coffee mug!!
For your driver, think about where they do go for coffee, and get him a gift card. The drivers in our district go to one place between or after their late route almost every day!
Those are my thoughts.
Merry Christmas

My daughter has 2 teachers we are buying for and 4 bus drivers (I am a bus driver too) and we just went to the dollar store and bought each one a mug and then I went to the store and bought a box of Chicken noodle soup (like the soup in a cup) and put a packet in each cup, got ribbon and printed a little card for each that says, "Hope your holidays are Souper!" and punched a hole in that and attached that to the ribbon and tied it to the mug handle.

1 / 3