Tea to Cover Gray Hair?

Has anyone ever tried tea to cover gray hair? If so, what were the results?

Never tried tea, but I'm sensitive to most hair products. I get great results from henna. The instructions tell you it won't cover grey, but it does a great job on mine. Be sure to try a test patch first so you can decide whether it will do the job for you.

Needs to be redone every 3-6 weeks, depending on your tolerance for roots, and it's a messy process. But it results in healthy, glossy hair with lots of body.

going gray is natural and is the fad right now...enjoy being gray and drink the tea!

Henna using fresh brewed coffee as the liquid rather than water, and making sure you follow the instructions to let it sit for several hours at least before applying once you have mixed all the ingredients will cover gray.

True henna is only found as the traditional red color. Other supposed "henna" colors will always include other plants and/or chemicals, so be aware. It isn't always bad, but you don't want to apply chemicals that claim to be "henna". Other plants are usually just as beneficial, but give other colors.

I have heard of using tea as part of this process as well as coffee, so it might work.

One of the nice things about henna is it really conditions your hair nicely. It also is short term, usually lasting only about 6-8 weeks, but as it fades it blends with your other hair rather than leaving stark "roots".

I use lemon juice as part of my liquid as well as coffee, because my hair has natural blonde highlights to it's rather multicolored regular strands. It adds brightness.

My gray--which are all thick, silver, twisty strands much different than my other hair--does get conditioned and covered nicely.

tea might work temporarily but there's not way tea will cover your stubborn grays for 6-8wks like permanent hair color!
i also would love to know if there really is a tea out there that covers like hair color. I've work in the salon biz for 5+ years and have never heard such a thing. If you dont want to you permanent, you could try a semi/demi permanent. Its alot more gentle on the hair, it wont cover 100% of gray but will help blend them! Check out an Aveda salon sicne Aveda products and hair colors are almost all natural!

I would love to hear the answer to this question. I am allergic to hair dye :(

1 / 3