Taking Son to My Doctor's Appointment?

Is there anything wrong with brining my 16 month old son with me to a doctor's appointment? I have an appointment with a dermatologist and would rather not drop him at the babysitters for an hour. Is this an acceptable practice?

I would think that it would be ok. Just bring an umbrella stroller, snacks, clip-on toys and some books to keep him happy. If you were going to a gynecologist, probably not the best to have the baby with, but a dermatolgy appt should be pretty non-invasive and easy for you to intervene/help him if needed.

I took my kids with me everywhere, other than to work with me! It never was a problem. Once my dentist, who did not have kids yet, asked if she could play with my then 2 yr old (It was her lunch break.), while the hygenist cleaned my teeth! Everyone was happy!

Nope - as long as the little ones can sit still and be entertained, go for it.

I've done it plenty of times.

I have taken my son and daughter to ob appts and the dermatologist as wel as other types of doctors. I had no trouble with any o the offices. Just make sure you have stuff to keep the child playing and fed and watered. Good job.

I've done it for a derm appt and a lady-doctor appt. Just bring toys/books and snacks to keep him occupied. The doctor might not appreciate it 100% but you are paying him, not the other way around.

Not that I visit the doctor often, but I've actually never given it a second thought. I always take my kids with me if dad isn't home or available to watch (because, let's face it...sometimes it's just easier to go alone!). I wouldn't even think twice about it. Take them along!

I took my kids to chemo infusions when they were 3 months and 2 years old. The nurses are so used to seeing older patients, they LOVED having a baby around.

We take our kids to appointments all the time.
I see nothing wrong with it (I've worked in the pharmaceutical industry for a decade, and it's very common practice). It's only inappropriate if you're having a procedure done and don't have someone to help watch him.

I've done it many times. Just keep him distracted, as the other moms mentioned...

1 / 3