Taco Soup

I cannot find a great tasting taco soup recipe. I really like a little bit of spice. Anyone have a great recipe?

I use the same recipe as XINE - only I omit the beer (I don't like beer and never have it in the house) and I add sliced jalapeno's for some extra kick. I have a "mild tongue", so I don't add that much and the kids won't eat it either. My husband adds extra to his individual bowl. I also add some water to make up for beer.

Try it!! You won't be disappointed and I frequently get asked for the recipe.

mine's easy and you can make it spicy or not spicy.

Sautee 1 lb of ground beef with 1 yellow onion and 1 jalepeno. (add 2-3 diced jalepenos for extra spice). Then add:
1 large can Ranch Syle Beans
1 large can corn
1 can blackbeans
2 cans stewed tomatoes
1 can Rotel (get the spicy one if you prefer)
1 package taco seasoning (spicy if you want)
1 package Original Ranch Dressing salad packet

Heat and serve. It's done when it's hot. :) Sometimes I put in a little rice to stretch the meal farther and give us some whole grains.

Taco Soup
1 pound of browned ground beef
1 can of corn
1 can tomatoes w/ green chilis, I use Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 packet ranch dressing and seasoning mix
1 packet taco seasoning
tortilla chips
cheese

Add ground beef to simmer pot or stove pot. Add all other ingredients, including juice from cans. Mix well. Simmer on stove for an hour or all day on low for simmer pot. Serve with crumbled tortilla chips and cheese.

Those all sound pretty awesome. I copied them all. :)

I don't have a recipe but love to get them from Cooks.com - I visit that site quite a bit! :-)

I've tried a lot of taco soup recipes, and this is the only one that I really like (It's also a hit with my kids, and is my 4-year old's favorite meal ever!). It has a nice flavor and a little spice but not too much (you can make it spicier by adding more taco seasoning, using tomatoes with jalapenos or diced green chilies, and/or adding a dash of cayenne pepper if desired).The basic recipe was from allrecipes, but I've adjusted it quite a bit I think. Here it is:

*1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
*1 chopped yellow onion
*1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes, with juice. You can use plain but I like to use the kind with diced green chilies for a little extra flavor
*1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, with liquid
*1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
*1 - 1 1/2 cups water
*2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
*cilantro (leaves from 1/2 - 1 bunch (stems trimmed off) - this is a key ingredient. Don't make it without this! :)
*avocado, peeled & diced; shredded cheddar cheese; sour cream; corn tortila chips; black olives, sliced

1. In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef/turkey and onion until meat is evenly brown; drain excess fat. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, water, and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat (to about medium); cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Stir in cilantro and simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Ladle hot soup into serving bowls. Pass avocado, cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, and olives to top each serving.

In a slow cooker

1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 can whole tomatoes
1 chopped onion
1 bag frozen corn
1 can black beans
1 can red beans
A couple of peppers to taste
1 packet taco seasoning
cover with chicken broth and water

Cook on medium all day. In the afternoon, use two forks to pull the chicken apart a bit. Add a little more water if needed.

put crushed tortilla chips in the bottom of a bowl and spoon soup on top. Top with sour cream, cheese, whatever.

We use this recipe and add cheese and sour cream and eat with tortilla chips.

1lb browned ground meat
1 can of corn
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of ranch style beans
1 can of rotel ( hot or mild)
1 packet of ranch dressing
1 packet of taco seasoning ( regular or mild)

Pour all ingredients in a pot or crock pot and let simmer until ready to eat. We really enjoy this soup.

1 / 3