T-shirt Washed with Stickers on It--- Help!!

My daughter's t shirt was washed with stickers on it. The stickers are gone, but there is a icky sticky residue on the shirt. Any recommendations on how to get it out?? Thanks!

H. L.

WD40 works like a charm. Spray it, rub it around the spot, then wash right away. Works every time like magic.

Duct tape! Put it on, rub it, pull the sticker stuff right off!

I've tried the duct tape and it worked pretty well. I haven't used goo-gone, I was afraid it would stain, and I got the sticky off to the point that the stain would have been worse. I'm glad to see others have said it will work, that stuff gets off almost anything. Don't use nail polish remover, that will bleach the clothes. Alcohol will work sometimes too. The shirt I had it happen to had been washed several times (I got it at a consignment sale) and the combo of duct tape (do this first) and alcohol helped a lot, but didn't get it all. I think if it has only been washed once you will probably have better luck.

I feel your pain. I have just been pulling it off bit by bit and it is working but a very slow process. I'm going to try spray and wash next time.

Yes, use goo gone :)

Spray & Wash aerosol makes adhesive ball up and fall off. wonderful stuff!

Rubbing alcohol may work.

"Goo Gone" is a great product... Some stores carry a product called "sticker lifter". You can usually find it in most home goods stores such as Home Depot , Lowes, Target, or WalMart.
Hope that helps...

Goo Gone - Available at most stores for $2-3.

1 / 3